Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Greenman wrote: »
    The 7 second delay/dump button would have sorted all that fuss.

I cant understand why he didnt just cut her mic instead of shouting at her.. "I'm nat spendin de next week down de high court"

furiousox wrote: »
    So the BBC pays it's presenters through outside companies as a tax dodge and it's a national scandal.

tbh you would have thought it would be better for RTE that they were contractors, so that in bad economic situations (like when you're running a 17 million deficit) you can let those contract staff go... But Finucane, Tubridy, Duffy have all been kept on while Con Murphy, Charlie Bird and others have left... The cutting should have really started at the top.

So it seems that effectively the contract staff have the best of both worlds, celtic tiger private sector wages and public sector security..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Did some caller not ask Joe if he had bought property and Joe responded with a horrified 'No' :confused:
    Maybe I imagined it.

btw, loved Elaine :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Listened back to the show..
    Caller: Joe did you buy loadsa properties?
    Joe: No I did not, I did not
    Caller: Neither did I joe, neither did I joe, I wasn't foolish, I wasn't foolish, I have a brain and I used it

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I go away for a week and I miss what looks like the Lahv Lahn week of the year. Tried to find Joe's explosion but looks like it has been expunged (see what I did there? Sorry!) from "the RTE Real Player"....any of the Lahv Lahn faithful grab it for YouTube?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I agree on the solar panels point.

So if you do at some point have children in Ireland, you will be saying "No thanks" to the monthly child benefit payment?

;)

There currently is no mechanism to say no thanks. I don't know what happens if you dont go and collect it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it just builds up in a drawer somewhere.

As for will I be saying no thanks, I would say probably. I was unemployed for about 6 months and said no to the dole. I don't like hand outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

syklops wrote: »
    There currently is no mechanism to say no thanks. I don't know what happens if you dont go and collect it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it just builds up in a drawer somewhere.

As for will I be saying no thanks, I would say probably. I was unemployed for about 6 months and said no to the dole. I don't like hand outs.

But Skylops, you were ENTITLED to it!!!!!!!!!!;););)

PLEASE ring Joe to discuss, make sure to have your Lahv Lahn Bingo Buzzword Card to hand and don't forget to say hello to us all on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I wonder if the charges being brought against Seánie et al will get a mention?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Has to be public v private schools today I would guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Our taxi-driving landlord (and the nasty evil banks that forced him to borrow all that money) would seem to be coming up again, at least according to the preview. Doubtless that something else will actually *start* the show - "Tell me what happened to you, Máire")

• Advertisement

PauloMN wrote: »
    Has to be public v private schools today I would guess.

Where do the three twins go to, just as a matter of interest..

Hey Paulo, I arrived back from Mass yesterday to find not one but TWO warnings in my message box from the radio forum.. Can I ask that the mods send warnings early on a Sunday morning so that I can have my sins absolved in confession later in the day.. :pac:

"All business who believe they are viable"..

No doubt to dissuade all those people who set up their businesses for the sole purposes of losing money... Let's take a look at your own balance sheet, see how viable AIB is ... AIB should be closed, and closed now...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Where do the three twins go to, just as a matter of interest..

Hey Paulo, I arrived back from Mass yesterday to find not one but TWO warnings in my message box from the radio forum.. Can I ask that the mods send warnings early on a Sunday morning so that I can have my sins absolved in confession later in the day.. :pac:

Three twins? :confused:

Radio forum is not in my domain (thankfully). Hobby Radio forum is a lot quieter than this place. :)

PauloMN wrote: »
    Three twins? :confused:

That's my reference to the Duffy progeny... a phrase used by D'Unbelievables.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Cigarettes disguised as garlic bread! there's yer story!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I go away for a week and I miss what looks like the Lahv Lahn week of the year. Tried to find Joe's explosion but looks like it has been expunged (see what I did there? Sorry!) from "the RTE Real Player"....any of the Lahv Lahn faithful grab it for YouTube?

Yeh, come on lads and lassies, some techie has to be able to post this up here?

That's my reference to the Duffy progeny... a phrase used by D'Unbelievables.

Which D'Unbelievables sketch was that? I thought I knew them all.

Isn't it teribble what happened the people over in China?

And why did you get warnings?

On news now. The Dublin City Council has said there isnt enough public toilets and has asked local businesses to let the public use their toilets. Could spark the council rates argument again.

"So Joe, aswell as paying the rates, I now have to let any member of the public in to have a piddle".

If I was a small business owner, I'd be telling the DCC to feic cough.

Which D'Unbelievables sketch was that? I thought I knew them all.

The sketch where they were coughing in the church...

Thought it was very indicative that they State permitted one of the Anglo guys to not have to sign on every day for when he's "out of the country", yet they arrest the guy protesting outside... How can they allow any of these guys to hold on to their passports after what happened with Drumm?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Another action-packed wee.... wha?? Brush feckin' Shiels?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Ah yes a Brush update!

Ireland 2012.

"The dampness got into me"

He started hallucinating and talking a load of nonsense about Bon Jovi and Skid Row..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Brush has the virus? Or he took drugs and was mad out of it? Why on gods green earth is this on the radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Bon Jovi shot Brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

On news now. The Dublin City Council has said there isnt enough public toilets and has asked local businesses to let the public use their toilets. Could spark the council rates argument again.

"So Joe, aswell as paying the rates, I now have to let any member of the public in to have a piddle".

If I was a small business owner, I'd be telling the DCC to feic cough.

DCC passing the buck. wonder how much they,ll reduce the rates by for businesses who take part?? My guess is Zero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

I for one am very interested to hear about brushes latest escapade..its much more important that anything that is currently going in in ireland.

Brush in hospital. It can only get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Poor Nurses.

• Advertisement

Drowned, electrocuted, got wet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement