Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

"yoooouuuuman distress" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

"you and i wouldnt do it"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Im not sure I'm catching all of this, man was in pain, was told not to have surgery, went to Spain, had surgery, now needs to get home and no Doctor wants to treat him? Surely if she arrives at hospital A&E they will take him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I just phrased things badly, it was an apology for what Anne said about brown envelopes.

Actually I dont think there was an apology more of a "we are happy to set the record straight" no??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The doctor.

1293986248088.jpg

"I am from Barcelona"..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Internet surfing be dangerous Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Whats the point to this call, He didnt take the advice that was given to him and now he wants everybody and anybody to help him. Get lost caller and tell him to listen in future

pc7 wrote: »
    Im not sure I'm catching all of this, man was in pain, was told not to have surgery, went to Spain, had surgery, now needs to get home and no Doctor wants to treat him? Surely if she arrives at hospital A&E they will take him in.

I'm not certain cos I didn't hear the start but I think it's the transport back home that's the problem....

Man was in pain - check
    was told not to have surgery - check
    went to Spain - check
    had surgery - check
    now needs to get home and no Doctor wants to treat him? - not as such.

Something went wrong with the surgery and he is now paralysed from his belly button down. They have an air ambulance ready to take him from Barcelona, but the spanish hospital wont release him until an irish hospital will accept him.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I'm not certain cos I didn't hear the start but I think it's the transport back home that's the problem....

Did she not say she had an air ambulance (maybe not maybe she said she needed one that makes a bit more sense)

• Advertisement

I'd love to ring Joe and suggest she give a doctor a brown envelope to admit him and sign the forms :D

Whats the point to this call, He didnt take the advice that was given to him and now he wants everybody and anybody to help him. Get lost caller and tell him to listen in future

The caller is annoying me a bit as no-one seems to be taking responsibility.

Joe:"How did he get injured?"
    Caller:"Surfing"
    Joe:"but, how?"
    Caller:"I dont know, I dont do that sport so i dont know the ins and outs"

Joe:"How did you hear about this spanish clinic?"
    Caller:"Oh john heard all about it and we let him do it. We didn't know anything about it"

Caller:"Hindsight is a great thing"

etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"Hindsight is a great thing" Doesn't Joe know that after last week. :rolleyes:

I'd love to ring Joe and suggest she give a doctor a brown envelope to admit him and sign the forms :D

Expunge that remark immediately!!! expunge it now. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Only Joe and the Loiveline can do anything for her.

'Move over there Brush and let the young fella in beside yah'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Dublin_Mom

Tough situation, but no hospital will take him due to insurance liability, I would bet

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Did she not say she had an air ambulance (maybe not maybe she said she needed one that makes a bit more sense)

Said she has airline on standby

Free Brush and replace him with Jonathon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Perhaps no Irish doctor wants to take on a patient that doesn't take medical advice, with terrible results?

• Advertisement

Surgeon in Barcelona presumably wants to get this guy out of his hospital...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

le la rat wrote: »
    Free Brush and replace him with Jonathon.

Me :( ?
    I'm not replacing him on Funny Friday.. I'd give it two weeks before I brought a gun in to the studio..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

is there a Joe duffy benevolent fund?

No, they have an air ambulance available but the Spanish hospital won't release him til they have confirmation that an Irish hospital will take him. And they haven't got that yet.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

So she wants a team of consultants?

Good luck with that lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Did joe say a Liveline Ambulance!!! :eek:

(....to anyone else that's a model fire engine)

vicwatson wrote: »
    Said she has airline on standby
    He cant go straight to Dun laoire rehab from the airport. Needs to be stabilized in a hospital first. Can't get him into a hospital first?

Fuinseog wrote: »
    is there a Joe duffy benevolent fund?
    There was once but apparently the administration was too difficult (ie the researchers told Joe to feck off!)

The right way was to listen to the Neurosurgeon.

• Advertisement

Joe seems to keep thinking this guy has a brain injury

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement