Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

some context, the batista regime was just as bad as the castro
    Earl T. Smith, former U.S. Ambassador to Cuba, testified to the U.S. Senate in 1960 that, "Until Castro, the U.S. was so overwhelmingly influential in Cuba that the American ambassador was the second most important man, sometimes even more important than the Cuban president."[38] In addition, nearly "all aid" from the U.S. to Batista's regime was in the "form of weapons assistance," which "merely strengthened the Batista dictatorship" and "completely failed to advance the economic welfare of the Cuban people."[29] Such actions later "enabled Castro and the Communists to encourage the growing belief that America was indifferent to Cuban aspirations for a decent life."[29]
    "Fulgencio Batista murdered 20,000 Cubans in seven years ... and he turned Democratic Cuba into a complete police state—destroying every individual liberty. Yet our aid to his regime, and the ineptness of our policies, enabled Batista to invoke the name of the United States in support of his reign of terror. Administration spokesmen publicly praised Batista—hailed him as a staunch ally and a good friend—at a time when Batista was murdering thousands, destroying the last vestiges of freedom, and stealing hundreds of millions of dollars from the Cuban people, and we failed to press for free elections."[29]
    - JFK in 1960
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulgencio_Batista#Support_of_U.S._business_and_government

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Frank in 2 weeks saw more than Eleanor in her 6 trips

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

my friend wrote: »
    he loves new erections

PMSL :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

signostic wrote: »
    How are these people who go on holiday to a place come back as experts..

I thought most of the time you stayed in hotel compounds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

the mafia basically ran cuba....allowed to do so by the usa...all the people on here ignorant of that just shows up the vast chasm of knowledge about cuba.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Two Minute Warning!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I can't help thinking about Bill Hicks talking about JFK when I hear these gombeens....

"...some anti-Castro pidgeons were seen in the vivisnity before the assination...shouting "coup, coup"....

MORE ADS?!!!! WTF?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Lapin wrote: »
    First time in the history of Liveline I didn't want an ad break.

Now he's just taking the píss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Anything is better than Belfast

Paul: 'Its not perfect but its great value and the hookers are fierce cheap'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Cienciano wrote: »
    He's right, there's no talking to this woman and if you ever argued with a Jehovahs Withness on a messageboard it's an accurate analogy.

Eleanor should check out this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Press_Freedom_Index

Censorship in cuba is probably different than it is in the west.

And what about him comparing Guevara to Hitler? You can hear from him that hes an extreme right toe rag.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

All over, a big waste of time.

Thanks to my researchers, invoice is in the post, back tomorrow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Ooh, Eleanor's going to explode over this guy!

She'd definiely have started cracking off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Vintage Lahvlahn there, crackpots, shrill woman, gombeen opening item, a day's outstanding work from Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Ganley was right, Boston Scientific just announced another 50 job losses, because of the timing the only explanation is that it's down to the Che statue and Eleanor

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Tomorrows show:
    Eleanor tells us North Korea is the best run country in the world, Kim Jong-un is an amazing leader, anyone that disagrees is on the CIA payroll.
    If you question her "you weren't there" so you don't know what you're talking about.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Ganley was right, Boston Scientific just announced another 50 job losses, because of the timing the only explanation is that it's down to the Che statue and Eleanor

It was Eleanor that sealed their fate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Need to have a warm down after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It always amuses me how the United States try to justify their embargo on Cuba by pointing out the denial of human rights/democracy by the Cuban government to its people, yet they are quite happy to trade with Saudi Arabia - an absolute monarchy with an appalling record of human rights abuses.
    Go figure that one, Carlos.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The best place for international policy debates are on Liveline so much so that the UN are considering using the show in preference to their general assembly. Joe will also take over the role of UN Arab League Envoy that was recently vacated by Kofi Annan. Kofi Annan will become a researcher on the show. Voting will take place via a Liveline Phone-in-a-me-poll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

Best thing about that show was Duffy floundering around completely out of his depth again.

...and that was just during the 'goalposts' segment. :pac:

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Is it just me or has anyone else got that song The Eye of the Tiger still going around in their head after the Katie Taylor clip??? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

Just you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Goalposts cos he wants to be an international footballer, use jumpers FFS

KT Fight Live on Liveline
    Noisy Neighbours in rented accomadation with TD as landlords agent

People who have been to Cuba will talk about life out there:pac:

Can't wait

Hyman Roth will never see the New Year. Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Joe is going to become an olympic boxing expert in the next half hour. Hes in his studio with eye of the tiger blaring & rocky on mute

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Did i just hear that right on sports news that ireland are playing oman in a soccer match?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

the wonderful katie taylor surely?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

furiousox wrote: »
    the wonderful katie taylor surely?

We'll probably get a whole show devoted to her today.

• Advertisement

Hope she wins after all this build up:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement