Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Racial abuse is not allowed regardless here folks. keep it civil

JCF has been given 24 hours off the forum. I suggest dropping it and if anyone has a problem, take it to PM with me, not in the forum

Splinter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

jcf wrote: »
    oh shut the f*ck up !!!! yeah God is doing this, he's ignoring all the crap going on in Syria (to name but one place) and is going to give some knacker Irish athlete a gold medal ... :rolleyes:

That's bang out of order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

jcf wrote: »
    oh shut the f*ck up !!!!

yeah God is doing this, he's ignoring all the crap going on in Syria (to name but one place) and is going to give some knacker Irish athlete a gold medal ... :rolleyes:

How disrespectful....

Aa lighten up its not everyday we get to win anything anywhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

Was I the only one who was supporting Mavzuna Chorieva?

That's the thing I really hate about Cuba.. No taxi regulator.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

....and i got up and i had a wee and i brushed my teeth and i had my breakfast and i went for a walk and i had some lunch and i had a nap and i......

CPL 593H

No pillows in havana, business opportunity there for one of ye and don't sleep on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,573 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

she was in a very different cuba than me ?! 25 years ago she was there ? .

Only 10 mins left will ya stick it out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

That's the thing I really hate about Cuba.. No taxi regulator.. :D
    I'd love her job - sitting on my arse and spouting ****e for €400k a year. Remind you of anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Why are Irish people the biggest shower of bandwagon jumpers in the world?

It really bugs me that certain people are trying to hijack what will probaby be the highlight of Katie Taylors sporting career (assuming she wins which is by no means guaranteed). They are basking in the reflected glory of someone else' hard work and dedication. The majority know little or nothing about boxing and will continue to ignore when the olympics are over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 kingofkong

ah so this is where all the morons hang out

It really bugs me that certain people are trying to hijack what will probably be the highlight of Katie Taylor's sporting career (assuming she wins which is by no means guaranteed). They are basking in the reflected glory of someone else' hard work and dedication. The majority know little or nothing about boxing and will continue to ignore when the olympics are over

Its not just Ireland that happens in, when anyone is winning anywhere People get caught up in the hype,Its no harm as I am sure KT knows who her real friends and supporters are.

kingofkong wrote: »

No no no thats the politics thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Your English teacher must be so proud. Will you stay on and do the Leaving?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It really bugs me that certain people are trying to hijack what will probaby be the highlight of Katie Taylors sporting career (assuming she wins which is by no means guaranteed). They are basking in the reflected glory of someone else' hard work and dedication. The majority know little or nothing about boxing and will continue to ignore when the olympics are over
    Is this just the irish? Every football team in the world will get a bigger demand for tickets for a cup final or the big home games.
    Success and higher level = more supporters in every sport across the globe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

Last moron I saw was a junior doctor trying to take blood, ouch! ;)

CPL 593H

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

as the saying goes, don't feed the troll folks, back on topic please

realies wrote: »
    Its not just Ireland that happens in, when anyone is winning anywhere People get caught up in the hype,Its no harm as I am sure KT knows who her real friends and supporters are.

I am sure she does. It just bugs me that people who neither know anything about boxing nor know her personally act as though they do.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Is this just the irish? Every football team in the world will get a bigger demand for tickets for a cup final or the big home games.
    Success and higher level = more supporters in every sport across the globe.

Whe was the last time you heard boxing discussed on liveline?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Whe was the last time you heard boxing discussed on liveline?

the violence in dublin from a few weeks ago ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Owryan wrote: »
    the violence in dublin from a few weeks ago ?

That wasn't boxing that was Fencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0808/1224321714595.html
    The HSE complaint to the broadcasting authority concerned Liveline programmes broadcast on January 19th and 20th where the focus was on the termination of Ms Bayliss’s contract.

The HSE complained that the two Liveline programmes “incorrectly and unfairly” gave the impression that the HSE had put pressure on the advocacy network to end Ms Bayliss’s contract and that this was in response to statements by her on a previous Liveline programme in December 2011 about treatment of patients at St Brendan’s hospital.

It accused the programme of giving the HSE insufficient time to respond on January 19th, of being in breach of its obligations where corroborating facts and taking the HSE view into account were concerned, and accused presenter Joe Duffy of showing bias.

On July 30th the BAI compliance committee upheld the HSE complaints while pointing out that it was not its role to adjudicate on whether there was in fact a relationship between the ending of Ms Bayliss’s contract and the roles and functions of the network and the HSE. However it concluded the programme had not been “fair, objective and impartial to all interests” in its treatment of the issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

The BAI concluded that Liveline and its presenter Joe Duffy had not been “fair, objective and impartial to all interests” in its treatment of the issue.

I notice the above DAILY on the Liveline

Does he have to apologise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It accused the programme of giving the HSE insufficient time to respond on January 19th, of being in breach of its obligations where corroborating facts and taking the HSE view into account were concerned, and accused presenter Joe Duffy of showing bias.

Again, a daily occurrence on show. When is that new broadcasting code due to be enacted ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

well the HSE and the advocacy network had their chance to come on the show and put their side of the story across, but "nobody was available".

f*ck em!

We know that sane individuals don't go on 'The Joe Duffy show' for a reasoned debate.

Joe would be all "whoiy?, whoiy?, whoiy?" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

withless wrote: »
    We know that sane individuals don't go on 'The Joe Duffy show' for a reasoned debate.

Joe would be all "whoiy?, whoiy?, whoiy?" etc.

But whoiy didn't the HSE go on the show?

• Advertisement

my friend wrote: »
    The BAI concluded that Liveline and its presenter Joe Duffy had not been “fair, objective and impartial to all interests” in its treatment of the issue.

If you see the original report that line is underlined twice and in bold text..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement