Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

Where do they go from here now?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The Fidel Castro of boxing.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Where's Roy Keane... can you imagine.. Roy On The Olympics: "Annelise Murphy.. She won the first four races and still didnt win a medal !!!! Not mentally strong enough, afraid of taking that next step"..

He'd have left the camp in protest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Pat Hickey is an example of the sort of public service and quango "management" clowns that have the country ruined.. Self interest and self promotion is his only interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

pc7 wrote: »
    What was it?

dont know was deleted wen i got onto twitter but some restaurant in dublin made a comment or joke about travellers

• Advertisement

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Wonderful terminal 2!!

cringeworthy.

Joe wants fast track access from the DAA next time he's in the airport....... his self-appointed VIP status and security clearance isn't enough for him.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Pat Hickey is an example of the sort of public service and quango "management" clowns that have the country ruined.. Self interest and self promotion is his only interest.

She he wouldn't let go of Katie when he hugged her giving her her medal it was hilarious.

The airport seems to be great fun today, I hope there's not a boxing match

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

neris wrote: »
    dont know was deleted wen i got onto twitter but some restaurant in dublin made a comment or joke about travellers

I think its embarrassing how people keep slagging him over being a traveller I hope they did get in trouble and if the restaurant is named I wont go there again.
    He has done extremely well winning a silver medal, he has conducted himself with great class and came across as a nice guy. My heart broke the other night when he said he was ashamed. There are travellers out there doing a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Wonderful terminal 2!!

cringeworthy.

Why does he do it? How the hell is an airport terminal "wonderful"?
    The most sterile place in the world when I was there. Not exactly willy wonkas mixing room

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

neris wrote: »

It was some 'mate' of the guy who runs the restaurant that submitted a tweet on the restaurants account while the guy went to the toilet along the lines that Nevin has got silver in London, the rest of his family are heading over to get gold, bronze and copper or some similar clichéd joke.

"A small crowd", joe wont be happy with that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Cienciano wrote: »
    The most sterile place in the world when I was there. Not exactly willy wonkas mixing room

I honestly dont know why he feels the need to describe the most trivial of things as "wonderful".."fantastic"..."beautiful"..

Whats this lad saying :confused:

This really is ridiculous.. People leaving the country every week, and wont see their families for years.. and here is Joe giving out about a woman that wont see her family for a couple of hours..

Move on Joe, talk about Chris Andrews or something...

Naomi isn't getting in? I reckon some head of security gave that one a slap on the wrist and told her to never take a call from RTE again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Cassidy28 wrote: »
    At the airport, normally there would not be that much security people around, and they have to get paid.

Like I said - Sweet fcuk all.

Paying a few extra lads to walk around in hi-vis jackets isn't going to bring the country down.

Cienciano wrote: »

Everytime Joe is stuck for an adjective, he reaches for a few of his old reliables - "wonderful" is used for anything Joe likes or can be to his advantage at some stge in the future, or for a plug.

i.e. I'd like to thank Harry Crobie for the VIP tickets he gave me last night to the WONDERFUL Grand Canal Theatre.

OR

Wendy's WhistleStop Cafe? I know it well. WONDERFUL establishment. WONDERFUL burgers. WONDERFUL tea.

Joe, the man of the people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

I honestly dont know why he feels the need to describe the most trivial of things as "wonderful".."fantastic"..."beautiful"..
    Why does the wonderful and great Jaysoose say such things. I'm heart broken Joe. Et tu Jaysoose?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Olly the boxer...this is mad radio..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Give him the freedom of terminal 2. Release the terminal 2 eh 77

Stand away from the fly killer, missus.

Joe should be at the airport to hand out special liveline medals to the rest of the team that didn't get one.
    And if that sounds stupid and cringy, remember the homecoming from World Cup 2002 Joe presented?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

My son boxed.

I'm an expert on boxing Joe.

Give Billy the freedom of Ireland Joe.

I have a bad cough Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Just now they are saying on tv that the likes of Billy Walsh, the boxing coach does not have a pension scheme incorporated in his contract.
    Some of those suited gentlemen doing the welcoming have quite good pension schemes

"Very demanding" :D

This gobsh1te again..

Not Eamon Dunphy

• Advertisement

Lol I was expecting it to be the 'real' eamon dunphy, first the not real bernard dunne now this!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement