Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Speaking of outdated talent-free shows, is Joe taking time off to judge the Lovely Girls Contest in Tralee this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Lapin wrote: »
    It is a shame to see the decline of the thatched house in Ireland.

There are thousands of thatched houses and pubs in England all well kept and attracting tourists.

I used to live next door to a lovely one in London.

How can they get things so right over there while we seem to fuk everything up ?

Dolly Heffernans pub just outside Blanchardstown still has a thatched roof that looks in good shape considering it's been abandoned for a few years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

damian,

I want to bring back hanging

what is tops of the town :confused:

Consider yourself very fortunate never to have seen one.;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Right Im out folks, anyone want to hear some decent radio check out last nights off the ball at 7.30 good interview with Katie Taylor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

So he reckons that this idea is a runner because he has been in variety for 30 years..how can he hope to compete with the plethora of other "talent" shows..pure delusion on his part.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Dolly Heffernans pub just outside Blanchardstown still has a thatched roof that looks in good shape considering it's been abandoned for a few years.

the pub that informed patrons upon entry that the CCTV was directly fed to Blanchardstown Garda station....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"We had the post office involved"

They dressed up in costume to rob the post office so that they could get money to build the set.

pc7 wrote: »
    Right Im out folks, anyone want to hear some decent radio check out last nights off the ball at 7.30 good interview with Katie Taylor.

No thanks..sick of listening to katie taylor bang on for the umpteenth time this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

europa11 wrote: »
    Consider yourself very fortunate never to have seen one.;)

was it bad? i honestly never saw it, was it a talent show for the country folk

• Advertisement

John Player - 'he was a great sponsor'

no words.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

let tops of the town back on only if johhnie blues & dutch gold can sponsor it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

I'm super thanks for asking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHKJx6bz-IDAWJy9D0sgAJtXYu9Bz7F0ofazSagQ1fwjfSh2bLEw

so according to Joe - the current excited caller the goal for the 'Tops' was to make it to The Gaiety

has no one told him about The George?

lol viewership figures...were um uh...possibly somewhere in the approximate region of (insert made up number)..

This is complete bullcrap..NOBODY WILL WATCH THIS THEY ARE ALL AT THE X FACTOR AUDITIONS!!!

Jaysoose wrote: »
    This is complete bullcrap..NOBODY WILL WATCH THIS THEY ARE ALL AT THE X FACTOR AUDITIONS!!!

X FACTOR: WITH WELLIES.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

Basil Faulty

bring a chair, take a break..

listen dude, 99% of people have legs of different lengths

Are you gonna break down and cry cos you cant get a lazy permit?

was it bad? i honestly never saw it, was it a talent show for the country folk

Not quite. Most entries were industrial and/or semi-state companies afaik.

Something between a glorified School show and St. Patrick's Day float with plenty of props with anyone in teh company who could hold a note for more than five seconds dragged out on stage to perform.....as far as I recall.

Wouldn't have been into it then, and certainly not on for for a 2012 version either :)

• Advertisement

Misery FM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Jaysoose wrote: »
    No thanks..sick of listening to katie taylor bang on for the umpteenth time this week.

Here's a few more for you Jayoose .....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQ-WyWBFr2TgIqXIAJDCHTqQ_WGxhbCa1cDG_1LhNsxZDZlk8J3Qimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtl5CjeIvx8h2WG0_PHBDUZOURGvvQr2C5C22ryL6paZB_M3VONwimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfcfcmVXfDq4acySZOCNSRMomHK4wLyycBaLVi-W5shdlD_CKlYg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvdJWnRzCO0LgUV_ejgaSDo2-B58SepnObERNU1kWmqFvXp9QPimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbcYxEXtiIWUoZxGOTCMNEXx4BAkavMUGV6n0JA8cRgR8qgQjA

................................................... :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

Watch You're car

Something rolled over his foot?

is this Joe ? :)

Billy Connolly used to promote that didnt he.

Kaliber~dog.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

my friend wrote: »
    the pub that informed patrons upon entry that the CCTV was directly fed to Blanchardstown Garda station....

Don't know, but I do know that when I visited it to see what it was like it wasn't as bad as it was made out.

hold on hold on..

this guy wants to park at the door of the mall, a mall that is hundreds if not thousands of meters in length, once inside.

it does not compute.

Watch where you park Basil

john_cleese_basil_fawlty.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

A wheelchair parking permit will make no difference in Liffey Valley, all the spaces are full up with lazy bastards that have no disability but park there anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Cienciano wrote: »
    A wheelchair parking permit will make no difference in Liffey Valley, all the spaces are full up with lazy bastards that have no disability but park there anyway.
    I was just about to post the same thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement