Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weber DE Razors

• 25-07-2012 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭

Anyone have experience of the Weber DE razors?
    They are a newish manufacturer of stainless steel razors.
    The heads come with a choice of coatings. Reviews seem positive
    and supply seems limited.

Design is impressive http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/weber-dlc-first-impressions.28677/page-3#post-516088

The Weber Arc model is currently in stock, USD 77 shipped via Amazon USA.

I'll post up my thoughts in approx 10 days

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

Is it $77 dollars for a Stainless Steel model? That seems cheap compared to Ikon/Feather models.

2wqz8te.jpg

I have an Ikon handle that cost $30, but i don't want anymore safety bar type razors, I'd prefer to get open comb heads as I have Two Fatboys and a Tech.

They look great though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

They sell the bulldog handle on it's own. It is comparable to the Ikon.
    http://www.weberrazor.com/products

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Bah, the pair of you.. I'm logged into PayPal, must.. resist.

John Divney, the $30 Ikon handle, was that a recent store price or from the eBay outlet? I was under the impression the Ikon prices were all pushed up a fair bit.

Stock of the Webers is limited to small production runs so be warned if you dawdle the decision may be made for you. Then bulldog with the black coated head is due out over next few weeks.

All speculation is that the Weber prices will rise, it happened with the iKon razors.

• Advertisement

Arrived today, 5 days from USA including the weekend is impressive.
    Initial thoughts - it sure is a heavy razor. Great detail and excellent grip on handle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

Amalgam wrote: »
    Bah, the pair of you.. I'm logged into PayPal, must.. resist.

John Divney, the $30 Ikon handle, was that a recent store price or from the eBay outlet? I was under the impression the Ikon prices were all pushed up a fair bit.

Hey Amalgam. I bought it at Ikon official website, I had to email for a paypal invoice because the checkout didn't work. I got shipping for $5, which was what it cost, but I'm not sure if that was a mistake on his part, because I remember seeing it said $10 for International shipping.

Oh yeah, these handles were meant to have a blemish, thus the cut price, but it was absolutely perfect, and I suspect the guy does this and sells fine ones to undercut his vendors.

I was reading on B&B and he doesn't have the best rep for his personality. The products are unquestionably quality though, no complaints there.
    Arrived today, 5 days from USA including the weekend is impressive.
    Initial thoughts - it sure is a heavy razor. Great detail and excellent grip on handle.

Post a few pics if you get the chance.:)

Well I used the Weber daily since it arrived and wasn't even tempted to look at any of the other razors in my usual rotation. Whilst it is a heavy razor and you'd expect it to be aggressive it is surprising, it actually feels mild whilst giving me a perfect close shave. I like it so much I'm planning on picking up a second Weber, probably the one with the alternative black coated head.
    I can't recommend them highly enough, especially at their price. If I had to stick with just one razor it'd probably be a Weber.

Confession time - as we don't have to stick to just one I received an ikon OSS in the post this week. It is a stainless steel beauty. Doesn't seem as smooth whilst shaving but far too early to judge.

Advertisement