Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with pages loading while downloading using Eircom BB

Options
  • 25-07-2012 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Hey all, typing here on behalf of my brother. He recently got the 8mbit eircom broadband installed in an apartment in Cork, but has been having some issues.

Basically, if someone is downloading a file from the internet (not a torrent) no other web pages will be able to load while the file is downloading. If I cancel the download the web pages load quite quickly, otherwise I'm just left with some blank tabs endlessly loading.

Now, I'd initially say this is a speed issue, and speedtest.net shows download speed as 1.44Mbps, realistically I've been getting a download speed of about 200kb/s from rapidshare. But, when I'm downloading a file, in addition to web pages not loading (even from other laptops on the same router), I can't even log into the router, I get the same endlessly loading page and again, if I cancel the download, the router login page loads almost immediately. If this was purely a download speed issue, would I still have problems accessing the router while a file is being downloaded? What can be done to fix this?

Any help with this, as always, would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Are you using a download manager? Some download managers use multiple connections (for connection stability and speed), and could be hogging them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Nope, just downloading the regular way through Chrome.

Advertisement