Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

something for college kid!!

Options
  • 25-07-2012 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I need a computer for college and everything that goes with it!

1. What is your budget? 500 maximum. Ideally 350-400.
    2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Word processing,powerpoint, internet, itunes, music, movies, connecting to phone(samsung galaxy s2) and skype. I wont use it for games whatsoever!
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows? I dont know? I like windows 7 and thats whats on my old laptop.
    4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? I dont think so, i have an inspiron 1545 with a graphic card if i could use that?
    5. Do you need a monitor? No.
    5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? I like best graphics possible and good in sunlight.
    6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Wireless card, webcam,
    7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Dont know what it is
    8.How can you pay? Bank or laser
    9. When are you purchasing? in next 3 weeks

I need it to be as good for internet and wireless as possible, aswell as fast and have great sound and graphics! Whats my best option?

Thanks everyone,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

It sound like you are looking for a laptop and therefore have posted in the wrong thread as this is a desktop building forum.
    You would never get a custom laptop built for that kinda money, so PC World, Komplett or Online stores would be the best option.
    Power City also do great deals on Laptops.

Advertisement