Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man thinks he's Jesus

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Nutter, everyone knows Jesus's hair is longer.
    That's according to the Catholic Church,

There is no mention of him having long hair in scripture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Well if 2nd, 3rd and hell even 4th hand accounts are good enough for you then it's good enough for me!

Good. well if the things that your parent/grandparents told you what happened to them/witnessed wasnt true in their lives, then you come from a strange genepool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

WumBuster wrote: »
    Well it was 2000 years ago, i dont think there are too many records about anything that happened then or before then. Most of the accounts that were recorded in the bible were either 2nd, 3rd or 4rth hand accounts of what happened and there seemed to be many of them.

that is a reply waiting to be torn appart... no offense

As for the mirracles. I agree that there is somethings that can be fully explained surrounding people who medatate ALOT (as in years). when i say cant be explained i mean can be explained yet. What religion someone is doesn't effect that.
    I garentee you that if anyone of us spend 20 years medatating away from society that we would be cappabale of alot more than we think. Jesus wan't that special. He just manage to garther followers.
    And as you say alot of what is in the bible is 2 or 3 or 4 accounts of what happened. As with anything the more times that something is retold the more exagrated that it gets.
    There is nothing that jesus done that cant be dont by everyone else if we really put our minds to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Jesus rocked a quiff. Just like Morrissey.

FACT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

I'd say barbers were difficult to find for mendicants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Well it was 2000 years ago, i dont think there are too many records about anything that happened then or before then. Most of the accounts that were recorded in the bible were either 2nd, 3rd or 4rth hand accounts edited by countless people to suit certain agendas, make money and increase power held by various churches

fixed that to add in the bit that slipped your mind

Helix wrote: »
    fixed that to add in the bit that slipped your mind

You fixed it wrong. People believed the magical stuff long before Christianity came to power.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

it wont last.

I give him 3 years. Tops.

You fixed it wrong. People believed the magical stuff long before Christianity came to power.

where did i say they didnt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Good. well if the things that your parent/grandparents told you what happened to them/witnessed wasnt true in their lives, then you come from a strange genepool

My dad told me he got shot in the leg in the war. Turns out he fell off a bike.

My own dad lied to me...

where did i say they didnt?

Don't make me quote your "fix", and we'll say no more about it.

Don't make me quote your "fix", and we'll say no more about it.

no no, quote it. im curious as to where you're making such a dreadful reading error

no no, quote it. im curious as to where you're making such a dreadful reading error

This bit.

re recorded in the bible were either 2nd, 3rd or 4rth hand accounts edited by countless people to suit certain agendas, make money and increase power held by various churches

I've even boldified the bits you fixed, which you could've done. To be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

As an atheist, I have to ask, why the hell does his hair length matter to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I am jesus, do you want to be Jesus. A lot of people had to die for me to be Jesus, you can't be Jesus.

• Advertisement

in fairness he didn't realise he was Jesus straight away - it took a week.

have to say, Mary M is super, super hot. (though Oz chicks tend to be) Is she still em, offering relief or has she changed her ways i wonder?

people. fascinating creatures. and we see animals as a lower life form... lol.

Corkfeen wrote: »

As I satirist, I have to ask, why the hell would you ask that?

;)

This bit.

re recorded in the bible were either 2nd, 3rd or 4rth hand accounts edited by countless people to suit certain agendas, make money and increase power held by various churches

I've even boldified the bits you fixed, which you could've done. To be fair.

yeah, i know what i wrote, but ive got no idea how that relates to what you said here:

"You fixed it wrong. People believed the magical stuff long before Christianity came to power"

nowhere in what i wrote suggests otherwise. i'm baffled as to how you decided it does. the guy was talking about the bible being 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand information, as if that was good enough. i was pointing out that it was 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand information twisted, edited and changed by countless people to suit agendas

naer a mention of pre-christianity magic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

ArtSmart wrote: »
    Corkfeen wrote: »

As I satirist, I have to ask, why the hell would you ask that?

;)
    Because RTDH promises unusual responses on all subjects (I'm also genuinely interested in the importance that he finds in this minor detail )... :P I've never been the subject of satire. I'm stepping up or down in the world, not sure which...

Edit : My posts get really odd at night...

yeah, i know what i wrote, but ive got no idea how that relates to what you said here:

"You fixed it wrong. People believed the magical stuff long before Christianity came to power"

nowhere in what i wrote suggests otherwise. i'm baffled as to how you decided it does. the guy was talking about the bible being 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand information, as if that was good enough. i was pointing out that it was 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand information twisted, edited and changed by countless people to suit agendas

naer a mention of pre-christianity magic

Where did I say anything about pre-Christian magic. I said people believed the magical stuff - I.e. about Jesus hence the definitive article - before Christianity came to power. It didn't come to power for centuries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Simple test, give him jugs of water and tell him to change them into wine, shouldn't be too hard for the real Jesus. If he manages it then to be doubly sure give hims few loaves and fishes and get him to feed a multitude, this would be very simple stuff for the real Jesus. Oh yeah get him to speak Aramaic too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

Even if he is (which he isn't) Jesus - what's he come back for? To save us? Why the feck would he try to do that from New Zealand, of all places? I demand a local saviour, can't be doing with all this travelling. Damn hippies.

Where did I say anything about pre-Christian magic. I said people believed the magical stuff - I.e. about Jesus hence the definitive article - before Christianity came to power. It didn't come to power for centuries.

yeah, and when it started to come to power the bible was changed to fit in with previous pagan beliefs to get people to join up. things like the date of christmas, the similarities with countless previous (and far more ancient) religions etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

There's another aussie nutter called Brian Leonard Golightly Marshall who's been saying the same thing for years, claims to have cured cancer and aids with "collided silver".

I reckon the lack of substantial ozone gasses in the part of the world leads to the sun bruning their brains.

Darkginger wrote: »
    Even if he is (which he isn't) Jesus - what's he come back for? To save us? Why the feck would he try to do that from New Zealand, of all places? I demand a local saviour, can't be doing with all this travelling. Damn hippies.

Oz i thought? i think NZ is a bit small for that carry on. has to be a large landmass for that sorta craic to survive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

dlofnep wrote: »
    A delusional nutter, just like the first Jesus.

Ok so the first Jesus was just a delusional nutter who performed many miracles witnessed by thousands of people in different locations

There were LOTS of guys back then performing "miracles". Jesus just had the good luck of better press. If the Roman empire hadn't adopted Christianity as the official religion in the fourth century, we could all be worshipping some bloke called Simon now.

Jesus was just another nutter preaching that the world was about to end. He made the very silly mistake of causing trouble in the temple during passover and got himself executed. Then the madness began....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

jesus = cash

in this day and age can we really beset this guy for capitalizing on that which generates great revenue?

I too am jesus, please send me a cheque for €1,000 and I will personally cite your prayer directly to god, (actually I will spend your hard earned money on whiskey and gambling)(thank you).

My dad told me he got shot in the leg in the war. Turns out he fell off a bike.

My own dad lied to me...

Really. thats horrible. sorry for your experience. Im sure if he or his dad witnessed miracles of Christ they would lie about that too. Some people, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

If I witnessed the miracles of Christ firsthand I would lock him up in a cage and make him perform tricks for bread. He'd resent it at first but eventually he would learn to trust me. After the shootout and subsequent bloodshed, I'd ask J 2 da C to forgive ma bad self and all would be groovy, baby.

If I witnessed the miracles of Christ firsthand I would lock him up in a cage and make him perform tricks for bread. He'd resent it at first but eventually he would learn to trust me. After the shootout and subsequent bloodshed, I'd ask J 2 da C to forgive ma bad self and all would be groovy, baby.

he'll forgive you. dats all you need to ask, baby

• Advertisement

he'll forgive you. dats all you need to ask, baby

Ah yeah, Christian logic. Be a dick your whole life, ask forgiveness in the end and you're off the hook.

Enjoy meeting Hitler in heaven (he was catholic, assuming he actually asked for forgiveness) if you lot turn out to be right!

Ah yeah, Christian logic. Be a dick your whole life, ask forgiveness in the end and you're off the hook.

Enjoy meeting Hitler in heaven if you lot turn out to be right!

As long as you really mean it. Cant fool JC or the man above. :)

As long as you really mean it. Cant fool JC or the man above. :)

And if you do mean it? Everything's fine then?

I understand that purgatory doesn't exist anymore according to the Roman no girls allowed club.

So straight up to heaven ye go, never mind that genocide sure, he feels bad about it, poor lamb.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

Why does Jesus need glasses?

And if you do mean it? Everything's fine then?

I understand that purgatory doesn't exist anymore according to the Roman no girls allowed club.

So straight up to heaven ye go, never mind that genocide sure, he feels bad about it, poor lamb.

If he genuinely feels bad about it and accepts he's done wrong to fellow man, then yeah of course. Christ dosent discriminate for people making mistakes in their lives whether it be from the influence of others or their own esteem/beliefs, if they're willing to admit those mistakes, there is salvation for every human soul. Absolutely.

If he genuinely feels bad about it and accepts he's done wrong to fellow man, then yeah of course. Christ dosent discriminate for people making mistakes in their lives whether it be from the influence of others or their own esteem/beliefs, if they're willing to admit those mistakes, there is salvation for every human soul. Absolutely.

Unbaptised babies too, yeah?

Unbaptised babies too, yeah?

Yeah, of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Really. thats horrible. sorry for your experience. Im sure if he or his dad witnessed miracles of Christ they would lie about that too. Some people, eh?

I'm curious about the following:

I see someone tomorrow perform an astounding, logic defying thing and I can not explain how it was done. Based on my account was that person A: a miracle performer or B: a magician.

You are very very likely to say B

Now if I increase the size of the audience to 100, 1000 or more and not a single person can explain how the act was done does this validate A for you ie we witnessed a miracle?

you left out the part where he only offers salvation to those who bow down before him and his tyrant father

• Advertisement
Advertisement