Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc technologies in newbridge

Options
  • 25-07-2012 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

has any body had any dealing with pc technologies in newbridge, I bought a graphics card from them on the 16t July but still havent received it but when I try to phone them the number is engaged all the time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

Best to get there address at this stage and call personally to see.
    Did you get a receipt?
    Did you pay by card/paypal?
    Do they have a website? (tried search google and nadda)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

yeah I have the address and phone number from the visa company, bought it online but emailed them 3 times going to send another mail to-day, I googled their phone number 045-433100 and came across this company

http://www.cheaplaptops.ie/

I will get the visa transaction reversed if I dont get an answer or the item by to-day, it says on the site no phone call service.

yes, get the transaction reversed, and hopefully take it as a lesson learned and research before you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

OP, you need to be more wary of sites, if its a mess of bad gifs like that, avoid avoid avoid.

I actually bought it from a reputable site because I wouldn't buy stuff from a site that I don't recognize, but when I didn't get it after 5 days I looked up my visa card online and seen the transaction and didn't recognize the company, I forget what site I bough it from as I deleted the email when I cleaned up my old computer to transfer the data to my new computer.

• Advertisement

under EU law for distance purchases (any outside the actual premises), you must allow up to 30 days for delivery. If you do not receive the purchase after 30 days you can cancel the order and get a refund.
    If you receive the product from a distance purchase, you have 7 days to return the product without having to give any reason. (change of mind)

Read this and see if it helps.

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/shopping/online-shopping/faq/index_en.htm

phoned the visa card company and they are going to send me out a form to get the transaction reversed,

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mez0n

AFAIK,the www.cheaplaptops.ie office in Newbridge is a service centre. The head office is in Belfast
    Tekone It Services Ltd
    Centre House
    79 Chichester Street
    Belfast
    Belfast
    BT1 4JE

They own www.techdirect.ie too got the details off there website

You could try contact Sales@TechDirect.ie or Call 01 685 4115 or their head office in belfast?

I phoned them this morning and got through to them and they said they don't take queries over the phone to email them, some customer service, anyway I emailed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

You were likely being ripped off anyway. Even if they come through in the end I'd send the card back under the distance selling act as mentioned. if you think they're difficult now, imagine what they'll be like in a year or 2 if something goes belly up. and it does happen. my GPU died after 14 months of easy service, and its being taken care of as we speak.

either way, start that reverse transaction.

what card was it and how much did you pay?

sweet jesus, they sound dodgy to say the least, it was a VTX3D Radeon HD 6450 2Gb DDR3 PCI Express Video Card HDMI VGA DVI €49 including delivery

to be fair, that's not a terrible price. you can find it a tenner cheaper on dabs.ie delivered. dabs would be a much better company to deal with though.

what do you plan on doing with the GPU? a 6450 would be pretty poor for gaming.

got through to the manager by email, you wouldnt believe the bull**** he is coming out with, he is saying they never done the transaction as I failed security issues so they never sent the item. and that pctechnologie do transactions for other companies, the bank are sending out a fraudulent claims form to get signed by the guards and they will reverse the transaction for me, so Ill go down that route.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    to be fair, that's not a terrible price. you can find it a tenner cheaper on dabs.ie delivered. dabs would be a much better company to deal with though.

what do you plan on doing with the GPU? a 6450 would be pretty poor for gaming.

teabag whats a good graphic card, ill pay up to €100,

after threatening him with the guards over the last 2 days the money was refunded to my account this morning

now anyone recommend a good graphic card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Beaver1 wrote: »
    after threatening him with the guards over the last 2 days the money was refunded to my account this morning

now anyone recommend a good graphic card

For €100 you could get a HD7750 or HD6770. Check Komplett, Dabs and Elara.

hi Eboggles, I have a geforce 8600gt in my system at the moment, I took it out of my old computer and put it into the new computer, would the 2 above be a way better spec than what I have
    thanks

hi Eboggles, I have a geforce 8600gt in my system at the moment, I took it out of my old computer and put it into the new computer, would the 2 above be a way better spec than what I have
    thanks

They would be a good bit better, yeah.

if it were my money I'd find a second hand 5850.

there is a decent MSI brand here that might be still for sale:

www.adverts.ie/graphics-cards/ati-msi-5850-twin-frozr-ii/1840250

• Advertisement

this isn't as good but he'll do €95 posted!

www.adverts.ie/graphics-cards/ati-sapphire-radeon-hd-5850/1840274

my power supply is 350watt would it run any of the above

my power supply is 350watt would it run any of the above

Wouldn't run the 5850 (maybe?), but it'd run the HD7750.

I got the hd7750, I have a dvi cable going from my video card to my monitor and I have a hdmi lead going from the video card to my tv, I have picture but no sound on the tv any suggestions on how to get sound on my tv,

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Control Panel > Sound > Right click the right device > Set as Default device (not communications device)

Control Panel > Sound > Right click the right device > Set as Default device (not communications device)
    thanks very much , it worked. thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

thanks but didnt fix it, do I change setting in the catalyst control centre

Sound should be carried by the HDMI cable - you're 100% sure that GPU card has sound?

Sound should be carried by the HDMI cable - you're 100% sure that GPU card has sound?
    yeah got it going thanks

Advertisement