Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ugh...need help with substitution !

Options
  • 25-07-2012 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hey lads I just got back from my local station which is only open 3hrs a day !!! This is my first time ever substituting a gun (shotgun) and my dealer said its all handy only takes a few days. I went into the station with my receipt from the dealer and my old license. The lad behind the desk was useless. He printed off the form and I thought grand ill be able to fill it out there and then and he'll help me ! Not the case.. . .

He said I need to fill it all out and bring it back when its done.. good luck and good night :confused:

I cant make head nor tail of this form. All he told me is bring in 2 passport photos with the form. I stated it wasnt a new license I wanted and it was just a substitution. Do I have to fill in EVERY section :eek: ?

Where it says in Section 1: Tick the box, "Have I held a certificate for this firearm in the past 3 years?" and
    "I have not held a certificate in the past 3 years" Does this mean for the new gun or the old gun? what do I tick :confused::confused::confused::confused:

sorry Im useless with paperwork at the best of times :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Have a look at the licencing section my college website at

http://www.irishshooting.com/

it will tell you all about how to fill in that FCA1 form

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Here ya go
    Ezridax wrote: »
    For a substitution you need an FCA1 and use:
    • Section 1 - Tick substitution, and "I have not held a cert............".
    • Section 2 - All of it.
    • Section 2.4 - All of it.
    • Section 3.1 - Input the details of new gun here.
    • Section 3.3 - Dealers details.
    • Section 3.4 - Input your current firearm details here.
    • Section 3.5 - All of it.
    • Section 4.1 - All of it.
    • Section 4.2 - All of it.
    • Section 4.3 or 5.2 - Depending on whether you are a member of a range (4.3) or gun club (5.2).
    • Section 5.1 - All of it.
    • Sign and date it.
    Include the 2 photos as some stations ask for it and others do not so better to be sure. Also fill in a seperate piece of paper with the extra information as required in certain sections.

Its becoming more and more common for certain districts to ask for almost all info to be filled in on the FCA1 even if only doing a sub. Best to fill them in, and send it off to prevent any returns looking for more info. The only things you definitely don't need are the doctor details, and referees.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭raymonjdevine

I needed doctors details but not referees and had to fill in all other parts of the form plus photos on a sub I did a few months ago :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 magic_tree

Ah lads fair play ! Thanks a million !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭rabbit assassin

Remember the days when you were substituting a gun and could buy it in the morning and have it by lunch time? All the Garda had to do was scribble across the old details on the license and write in the new ones. I'm not bothered and dont intend on buying for a loooong time because of the licensing situation. Not worth the hassle with my local station.

• Advertisement
Advertisement