Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking to buy a new phone but not sure where to buy.

Options
  • 25-07-2012 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

I am using 087 topup for over 10 years...and will not use any billpay...

I will be travel to other country that will use sim card so dont want to use a region lock phone...

Anyway long story short, what is the best method to buy a new phone? retail shop? online shop? ebay? amz?

Sorry for my English.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Phones are operator locked rather than region locked. If you have had it ten years then you should be able to get a free unlock code from your operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kk887

ballooba wrote: »
    Phones are operator locked rather than region locked. If you have had it ten years then you should be able to get a free unlock code from your operator.
    sorry, can you give a bit more detail about getting the free unlock code? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

kk887 wrote: »
    ballooba wrote: »
    sorry, can you give a bit more detail about getting the free unlock code? thanks
    Call Vodafone, if they are your operator, (087 means nothing with regard to your operator) and ask for the device unlock code.

Advertisement