Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most Useless Profession

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

blackwhite wrote: »
    "Legalese" as you keep referring to is a necessary way of wording our legislation and contracts.
    If all of our current legislation was repealed and replaced tomorrow with "plain speak" laws, then our new legal system would grind to a halt very quickly.

There are some simple things though

If your bill is excessive and you need arbitration you go to the "Taxing Master"

That sounds like a job title from 200 years ago!

Just antiquated, modernize and give it a name people will recognize and it might be more accessible and less intimidating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Colmustard wrote: »
    Irish nurses.

Looking for a reaction much?! :rolleyes:

County council workers

Not all of them now

Sometimes you'll find one that is hard at work..........and another two standing there leaning on their shovels as if the weight of the world is on their shoulders. Probably supervisors

They did good work during the snow to be fair but that was overtime rates

Only way to get them motivated

Take the cheapest possible option of fixing the road and if they did it properly just once then the fix would last. But they don't and so the roads go to pieces soon enough over the winter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Looking for a reaction much?! :rolleyes:

Genuine, just my unfortunate experience of having to deal with them. They do roughly F/A I have no idea where they get their reputation. Probably with their speed dials to Joe Duffy and their union reps that is if they are not on a sickie.

Now the nurses aids they are creased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭boo3000

No it has been explained quite clearly and comprehensively to you. You say we dont need lawyers yet then you say that we need people to administer the law. I'm surprised you can sit straight to type considering the twist your knickers seem to be in.

My knickers are just fine thank you but if you must know this clammy weather has brought on a touch of jock itch, nothing i can't take care of though, thanks for your concern....

Now im going to make the point again. My problem is not with law or justice it is with swindling, protectionist practices of lawyers (solicitors, barristers, etc.) If someone here says they think accountants are a useless profession, it doesn't mean they want done with money as a means of exchange. If someone says they want done with private health care, doesn't mean they want done with health care itself, just the profiteering which they feel society could do without.
    Do you think a mechanic charges you for fixing the car or for the way he glides around it and under it whilst fixing it?

I don't think a mechanic charges me for the way he glides around under my car but if he did i'd consider him a swindler, just like the lawyers.

As for the legal speak argument, it has been pointed out to you that legal speak is the means by which legislators and those drafting contracts, pleadings etc ensure that there is one possible interpretation for the law on the issue at hand. If you cant get this then there is nothing really more to say

As regards legal speak, I've already shown well documented work by a professor of law saying it's necessity is a myth.

Also there is sound reasoning that it can't be necessary. If it were, the law would be too complicated to understand, we couldn't decide on it (in a jury), be expected to vote on it, or to follow it. This has all been covered, if you don't agree just say so.
    mikemac1 wrote: »
    Just antiquated, modernize and give it a name people will recognize and it might be more accessible and less intimidating

Unless it's supposed to be inaccessible and intimidating... protectionism?

• Advertisement

Irish nurses.

Bull. Fucking. shit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Fupping Grasshole

Fupping Grasshole: *insert profession*

*insert profession*: :mad:

Fupping Grasshole:
    I don't care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

After reading this thread definitely Lawyers/ Barristers I was charged €800 for a letter for his opinion. Time to get rid of these Parasites.:cool:

Hootanany wrote: »
    After reading this thread definitely Lawyers/ Barristers I was charged €800 for a letter for his opinion. Time to get rid of these Parasites.:cool:

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers :cool:

Shakespeare was a wise man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Genuine, just my unfortunate experience of having to deal with them. They do roughly F/A I have no idea where they get their reputation. Probably with their speed dials to Joe Duffy and their union reps that is if they are not on a sickie.

Now the nurses aids they are creased.

I don't know what nurses you were dealing with. I had an operation in St. James' hospital a few years ago and I can't praise the staff enough. The nurses were fantastic. It's not an easy job they have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

BFB wrote: »
    Also people who blatantly open their car doors in carparks and smack it off your car...grrr!

Who does this for a living?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Holocene

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I don't know what nurses you were dealing with. I had an operation in St. James' hospital a few years ago and I can't praise the staff enough. The nurses were fantastic. It's not an easy job they have.

The health profession has a pyramidal structure where importance is inversely proportional to pay and prestige.

To me the consultants and GPs do the least important job. Sure, they perform vital tasks and all that, but they are basically following a set of preordained functions. There is no "art of medicine"! Plenty of people would be able to do the training and work required in return for the rewards offered.

Nurses, in my experience do a more important job. I have accompanied more elderly relatives than I care to recall through the health system. A dedicated, organised and high energy nursing team can be the difference between life and death!

Finally, the carers, the good samaritans, the nobodies; people who look after the old and the infirm around the country in return for very little or nothing at all. You often meet a lot of these people at funerals; often, they are more upset than the bereaved family. Spend a little bit of time talking to them or observing them, you realize that these are the people that are holding the country together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Feargal as Luimneach

People on the Dole. The fúckers who have never worked a day in their lives, because they so damn lazy (not the people who are desparate to work). It's the biggest profession in the country. Milking the system for every free euro they can scam.:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Who does this for a living?

People with vehicle-body repair shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dogwoodflower

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    priests/monks/missionaries etc.

actually just religion.

Sorry by missionaries, you must mean most meaningful profession.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Weathermen/Women if i need to know what the weather is doing i will look out the window

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

mikemac1 wrote: »
    County council workers

Not all of them now

Sometimes you'll find one that is hard at work..........and another two standing there leaning on their shovels as if the weight of the world is on their shoulders. Probably supervisors

They did good work during the snow to be fair but that was overtime rates

Only way to get them motivated

Take the cheapest possible option of fixing the road and if they did it properly just once then the fix would last. But they don't and so the roads go to pieces soon enough over the winter
    They sure do love their shovels. Its like one hour work for every two hours pondering and talking ****e between them.

Advertisement