Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hyena pack attacks family, kills children

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Hyenas kill a lot more people than reported unfortuantly Adam. As you know their extremely strong animals and pack hunters as opposed to the former view that they were simply scavengers.

This Image sums up their size and power!

2d027956112a368a475bd951dc2040f0-orig

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Hyenas kill a lot more people than reported unfortuantly Adam. As you know their extremely strong animals and pack hunters as opposed to the former view that they were simply scavengers.

This Image sums up their size and power!

2d027956112a368a475bd951dc2040f0-orig

Oh I know. One of the most famous big game hunters in Africa once said that he strongly believed more people has gone through the gullet of hyenas than of any other large carnivore. In Malawi not so long ago one single hyena even caused a mass exodus after repeated attacks on villagers. Even the smaller striped hyena eats people (usually children) once in a while.

I actually like hyenas a lot- they are very smart and unique animals, and I honestly, honestly can´t understand why people thinks about them as "ugly". They may not be very elegant but I think they're kind of cute...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

The two sides to a Hyena:

And if you look for videos of Hyena kills you will find many that are around. (Some are not nice)

Rubecula wrote: »
    The two sides to a Hyena:

And if you look for videos of Hyena kills you will find many that are around. (Some are not nice)

Definitely not pets :D But try telling that to crazy gay male models who think hyenas are a good substitute for a boyfriend:

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

• Advertisement

aidoh wrote: »

Those are HUGE :D They look big enough to carry the guy away like a ragdoll.

Nothing like the giant hyenas of ancient times tho...

Advertisement