Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Salon help!

• 26-07-2012 2:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi, I've gone through a lot of the threads on the forums about Hair Salons, but can't seem to find a suggestion to what I need.

I used to have straight hair, until the water started affecting it making it go crazy, and in result I straightned the heck out of it for 2 years, and now fast forward to 3 years later my hair is a complete disaster in the sense that it's SO unhealthy. It's also a mixture of waves and curls... closest thing I could find to was this http://styletips101.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/big-hair2.jpg, but ofc it's a lot messier, a lot more natural, and theres some locks in it and some straighter pieces. And it;s brown.

Basically, what I want is a hairdresser that can deal with straight AND curly hair... because I have no idea what exactly mine is. My hair is VERY VERY brittle, full of dead ends, very unhealthy and dry, and if I brush it, I get triangle hair (so I dont brush it, only in and after taking a shower when its wet). I love the actual locks and waves, but hate the state of it, the fact its frizzy, bushy and all that jazz when combed, the fact its brittle and unhealthy and not shiny, and especially the fact it looks good at home, but outside looks horrible, and the back looks all noty.

Does anyone have similar hair to mine? If so, is there any hair dressing salons you can recommend (preferably in Tallaght/Dublin Centre), that cater my hair type, but are affordable (don't wanna pay 70 euros for a cut... unless theres extras included). A hair salon with treatments for brittle hair would be great too.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 lulut

Hi, I feel your pain. My hair was also a wavy frizzy mess. Can wear it both straight or curly with little effort but frizz was a major factor for me.
    Until I found the curly girl method. It shows you how to look after all types of curly/wavy hair. Basically you cut out all sulphate shampoos and wash with non silicone containing conditioners. Check out this sites which explains how to care for this type of hair. I started back in January and now I get loads of compliments about my hair which I never thought would happen. My hair is in great condition now cos I stopped washing with shampoo and drying it out. Check it out I would highly recommend this method to anyone with wavy /curly hair.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 fonkalei

I was just about to recommend the curly girl method as well.

For hairdressers, Natural Cuts on wicklow st off Grafton in Dublin cut curly hair dry. I found them excellent.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭PurpleVintage

Thanks for the suggestions :D. Anyone else have any more suggestions? I had a look at their website, and it doesnt mention anything about treatments... if anyone could suggest any more salons, and also any salons that do those reparation/hydration/whatever they're called treatments for badly damaged hair, that would be great!

EDIT: Found a website with some treatments http://www.therapieclinic.com/hair-salon/therapie-hair-couture-prices/. Anyone have experience with that salon? Are they good/rubbish/ok for wavy haired peeps?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I have wavy/curly hair and go to Toni & Guy on Clarendon St. Before I made my first appointment with them, I went in for a consultation, and specified that I needed a stylist who was great with curly hair. We were able to chat about what I wanted and what he thought without the pressure of having to get started! I then booked my appointment for a few days later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭PurpleVintage

Heard a lot about that salon, mostly great reviews, but one or two from curly haired boardsies complaining about the results, and how even one cried coming out of it! :eek:

Well, I decided to try the Pzazz Salon, there's a special offer on it atm, and it even includes the conditioning treatment I was looking for. Bought 2, one for me, and one for my extremely curly haired sister :D will be going there soon.
    Just hope it works out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement