Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Churchtown from city

Options
  • 26-07-2012 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Does anybody know how I'd get to Nutgrove Shopping Shopping via public transport from town now that the 16a is gone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭bren2002

Does anybody know how I'd get to Nutgrove Shopping Shopping via public transport from town now that the 16a is gone?
    Depending on where you're starting from the Luas and walk could work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

The 14 from Beaumont to Dundrum via the city centre will drop you very close to the the shopping centre. You could also get the Luas to Dundrum and get the 14 from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Aisling1989

Thanks. Do I get off a balally? How long of a walk is it? And also, would it be safe enough area to walk back to luas station on my own at night? (I'm female and only look about 14, so I'm an easy target)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

You could get the red line to Rialto and get the number 17 from there either?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

Take the 16 to the bottom of Grange Road and walk from there. I would reckon it's a 10/15 min walk

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Take the 14 and get off behind Nutgrove - Nutgrove way/Marley court stop 4333 on the app. It's then a 5 minute walk down the hill to the shopping centre. Would be safe to walk back up too. Busy road lots of traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

The 14 is best route as its frequent but 61 will drop you just outside where 16a use too. Both these routes can be got at dolier st stop

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Closest option is the 61 (hourly) which operates directly from the city centre (D'Olier Street) to Nutgrove Avenue.

The 14 is the closest alternative, while the 16 leaves you about 15 minutes walk away.

Advertisement