Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in/near IFSC during weekday

Options
  • 26-07-2012 8:53am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I will have to park the car somewhere in/near IFSC one day next week, and I'm wondering where is the cheapest place to park. I don't mind parking somewhere a good bit away and walking.

I would be arriving about 8.15am or so, would this be early enough to beat the morning rush?

What about Connolly station car park? I've also seen €9 all-day student parking advertised in the NCI car park - does this refer to all students, or NCI students?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Plenty of free parking on Seville Place and Oriel Street at that time.

It's safe during day light hours and like anywhere don't leave anything on display or be seen putting valuables in the boot.

These streets are full of IFSC workers cars each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭CiaranMcDCFC

Normally parking on New Wapping street as well and I think this is also free. Again should be fine during the day but do not leave anything of any value on view.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Ok thank you! I was sure Seville Place was pay parking though but doesn't seem to be on streetview. I wouldn't mind arriving earlier if it meant getting a parking space!

It would be during working hours that I will be parking.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Do you need to have a rail ticket to park in Connolly?
    Also the NCI car park is €9 for 8am-6pm, and you don't need to be a student it seems - I don't know where I got that from!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ray von

No rail ticket needed for Connolly car park.

Alot of IFSC commuters park in there.

Think its about €7/8 a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Why not just park in the ifsc? Thety have an undergrond ca park there which is quite handy and empty seems not a lot of people know about it, had to park there ttwicce recently was quite handy.

Cant remember price though as booth times I was there 2 hours max.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

What is availability like in the Connolly Car Park during the day?

(specifically tomorrow around 12.30....)

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    What is availability like in the Connolly Car Park during the day?

(specifically tomorrow around 12.30....)

never not got a space in there at anytime, might be a long walk though;)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Also the NCI car park is €9 for 8am-6pm, and you don't need to be a student it seems - I don't know where I got that from!

No, you don't need to be a student, and there are plenty of spaces free at around 8.30am anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

Why is student parking €9 per day ? Wat student has 45 quid a week to pay just on parking, its a real pain tat ders no free student parking there even a reasonable student rate,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Why is student parking €9 per day ? Wat student has 45 quid a week to pay just on parking, its a real pain tat ders no free student parking there even a reasonable student rate,

Hi,

Please don't post in old threads unless you have something constructive to add to them. Also, please note that 'txtspk' is expressly forbidden in the forum charter.

Regards,

Mr Simpson

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement