If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any recomendation for amp+2floor speakers+Quote Please:-)

Options
  • 26-07-2012 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hi Richer ,
    Can you give me any example of deals for amp+2 floor speakers. I would like to use that mostly for music sometimes for movies.
    Not soo expensive set please.
    Would have have maybe that in stock-how looks the prices.
    ONKYO TXNR509
    ONKYO TXSR608
    Onkyo TX-NR 609
    DENON AVR1912
    Denon AVR1612
    yamaha RXV671
    Also would you be able to give so example of floor speaker to this amps.
    Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

devil-80 wrote: »
    Hi Richer ,
    Can you give me any example of deals for amp+2 floor speakers. I would like to use that mostly for music sometimes for movies.
    Not soo expensive set please.
    Would have have maybe that in stock-how looks the prices.
    ONKYO TXNR509
    ONKYO TXSR608
    Onkyo TX-NR 609
    DENON AVR1912
    Denon AVR1612
    yamaha RXV671
    Also would you be able to give so example of floor speaker to this amps.
    Thanks

Devil,

thanks a million for the oportunity to quote:
    ONKYO TXNR509 - Completely sold out
    ONKYO TXSR608 - Completely sold out
    Onkyo TX-NR 609 - Completely sold out
    DENON AVR1912 - Completely sold out
    Denon AVR1612 - Available at £169.95
    Yamaha RXV671 - Completely sold out

The Denon AVR1612 is the only one of your selection that we still have available and to be fair it's an excellent choice and at £169.95 it's a real deal!

I also have one Denon AVR1312 ex-display that I would clear at just £119.95.

From Onkyo we have a display TXSR309 in black at £139.95.

From Pioneer we have a few open box VSX421 3D ready receivers that I would clear at £99.95 (what a cracking price for a decent receiver!) and we have the Pioneer VSX521 available brand new boxed at just £159.95

If you are interested in any of these just drop me a line and I'll suggest suitable floorstanders to match and hopefully we can get a deal together.

Thanks and again drop me a line if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Thanks for your replay John.
    Im bit confuse between home cinema amp or stereo amp-Ill be using it mostly for music so I dont know is there any point to buy 5.1 amp and 2 speakers.
    Can you recommend me also few stereo amps in similar prices (marantz,denon,yamaha,onkyo).
    Second thing speakers -is it better to buy 2 floor stand or 2 Bookshelf Speakers -dont need strong bass like in sub(need nice sound,good clear bass). My living room is about 19m2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Devil.

If the system is going to be primarily used for music and the 5.1 is only something that you think you might like, then I personally would go for a stereo system instead of a 5.1 system. If the 5.1 system is only going to have 2 speakers connected then stereo is the way to go.

The only think that we would need to know is what are you looking to connect into the amp, so we can make sure that the connectivity is there.

On the stereo side :

The best deal that we have on a stereo amp at the moment is the Denon PMA710. This is as cheap as the new inferior version (pma520) and we only have a few left, so I would recommend grabbing one of these to go with a good pair of speakers.

John has these listed in the clearance list at £147.95 ! Down from £350 originally.

On the speakers side - The ones to look at would be the BX5's from Monitor Audio. These are 5 * what hifi award winning floorstanders and although you don't want neighbor busting bass, you will need good bass to fill that room. These are £399.95 and we are £100 cheaper than our UK counterparts.

If these are too expensive, then take a look at the Tannoy Mercury V4's which are £269.95 - These may be more in the budget, but the Monitor Audio's are 5 * award winners and sound substantially better than the Tannoy's.

If you had difficulty with the size of either of these, then a good size of a bookshelf speaker would be the way to go and we have the Monitor Audio BX2's which are £229.95. Ideally these should be mounted on stands but if you have something to set them on, it would save on the cost of a pair of stands. Stands are recommended as they can make the speakers sound better.

Stands start at £39.95 for a pair.

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

ok ill stay with 5.1 ant take the denon avr 1612 from your pre-stocktake clearout for 159,95 Ł. Now just need the speakers and if you have maybe some mini hifi from clearout to my bedroom.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.