Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missing - Joe Stephens, 53. Last seen in Offaly [found]

• 26-07-2012 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi

Hope this is ok with the mods i just want to post a link about a missing man,
    Joe Stephens from Oranmore. He has been missing since tueday the 17th of July and was last seen in Offaly if anyone has seen or heard anything please contact Oranmore Garda station. Photo and description in the link.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0725/appeal-for-missing-galway-man.html

Thanks
    Kieran

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Stickied a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

Thank you Biko for stickying this.

I hope Joe comes home soon, safe and well. The family must be worried sick at the moment :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Not trying to be smart OP, but anything more specific than just 'Offaly'?

Its a pretty big place.

Might jog a few peoples memories if you could give a town/area to go by?

It's in the linked article, I'll quote it
    Joe Stephens, 53, was last seen visiting a friend in Ferbane in Offaly on Tuesday 17 July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Thanks Biko, completely missed that.

Hope there's a happy ending to this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Hope all is ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

More Information, Hope it ends well.

GARDAÍ in County Galway have issued a public appeal for assistance in tracing a 53-year-old man who has not been seen for eight days.
    Joe Stephens from Oranmore was last seen on Tuesday the 17th, when he visited a friend in Ferbane, Co Offaly.
    When last seen he was driving a navy-coloured Renault Megane hatchback, which is described as having a large rear spoiler and a very loud exhaust. Its registration number is 99-G-7935.
    He is described as being 5’4″ in height and of stocky build. He has sallow skin, blue eyes, and short brown hair which is balding at the front.
    When last seen he was wearing a navy polo shirt, blue jeans and a red-black outdoor jacket. He was also wearing a gold ring on his right hand, and a gold necklace.

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=missing%20-%20joe%20stephens%2C%2053.%20last%20seen%20in%20offaly%20&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CBkQqQIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thescore.ie%2Fjoe-stephens-missing-oranmore-galway-533783-Jul2012%2F&ei=_rARUI-tDdKwhAer7YCQBw&usg=AFQjCNHmQoVFeW35dWuF2ys3QvUKjj9_1A
    Anyone with information on Joe’s whereabouts is asked to contact Gardaí in Oranmore at 091 388030, in Galway at 091 538000, or the Garda Confidential line at 1800 666 111.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Hope he is found sound and safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

Any chance of a better pic?
    Also may a ask has he any psychiatric problems?
    I seen a man on the Hueston to Cork train at 9pm tonight of his description and the man in question seemed disoriented. I was going to the toilet and we saw each other and he would not stop staring at me.
    The man in question was also in similar clothes that you described, he was still on the train when I got off in Portlaoise, I'm nearly certain he didn't get off though.
    also he had no luggage.
    Hope I could help, ;)
    pm me if need be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

I know a few people from Ferbane, so Ive sent them the link :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

to Iguy, please contact the gardai on what you've just posted if it happened. it could make all the difference to the worried family. He's a neighbour of my parents and a very nice man. I have no information regarding his health but if the man you bumped into matched the description please come forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭kieran26

iguy wrote: »
    Any chance of a better pic?
    Also may a ask has he any psychiatric problems?
    I seen a man on the Hueston to Cork train at 9pm tonight of his description and the man in question seemed disoriented. I was going to the toilet and we saw each other and he would not stop staring at me.
    The man in question was also in similar clothes that you described, he was still on the train when I got off in Portlaoise, I'm nearly certain he didn't get off though.
    also he had no luggage.
    Hope I could help, ;)
    pm me if need be.

this could be helpful please contact the Gardaí re this it could be very important

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

This really freaked me out when I first saw it on the Galway Advertiser Facebook page, as my uncle has the exact same name, but spelled with a 'v' rather than a 'ph'.

Can only imagine what the family are going through and I hope he's found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

My love and heart go out to Joe.. I hope he comes home SAFE AND SOUND... I will say a prayer now!

Thank you for making this a sticky!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

http://www.facebook.com/galwayindependent

Oranmore man Joe Stephens has been located safe and well, after gardai last week appealed for assistance in tracing his whereabouts.

Great news, thanks for the update!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Thank God for the good news! :) It's nice that there's a good outcome.

Advertisement