Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Kilteel (Brittas exchange)

Options
  • 26-07-2012 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Sorry - also posted this on eircom forum but wanted to see if any boards members have knowledge that may help aswell, cheers.

Hi,

Just moved into a new house a while ago and while there is a line in it i've been told i cant get broadband on it at all. Ive also been told that some people in the area and even on my road can and do have broadband.

I want to understand the technical reason why i cant get broadband a bit more to figure out what the chances are that i could get a new line put in that could carry broadband or that i could somehow get existing line upgraded or something.

The area is Kiltell, Co.Kildare:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Kilteel,+Ireland&hl=en&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=50.823846,93.07617...

Anyone had experience with eircom broadband in this area or any ideas who i can talk to to find out more.

Previously i was living in Manor Kilbride not too far away and i was able to get internet (not 7 mb broadband mind it was only 1-3mb at best). I believe this address was also connected to the brittas exchange so my expectation was that maybe i'd be able to get same service at new address or even better if by chance it was connected to rathcoole exchange.

Any advice help much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

Advertisement