Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

duchinni helmets?

• 26-07-2012 9:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

lads im looking atthe duchinni 701 helmet in hi-viz yellow, i quite like the colour and it will stand out, however what are they like as a helmet, i've a rather cool looking matt black LS2 helmet but its fooking noisy at speed and the visor is fiddly to open with gloves on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

The Duchinni lids would be what's called an "entry level" helmet, or a "budget" helmet if you want to call it that. They're not bad in fairness. They won't crack like an egg if you come off, put it that way. If you're on a budget, the Nitro range and the lower end of the HJC range aren't bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Jackasaurus rex

cant find pin locks that fit them in my experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I have a D601 and love it. Pinlock fitted it fine too. Nearly two years with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 MurderFace

i have a 601 and i hate it, quiet uncomfortable and the noise is enough that i cant hear my bikes engine.

on the flip side i have a hundred quid nitro helmet and i love it, nice and quiet and comfortable enough for my head. found the same model for 50 euros to my door on ebay and i think ill be buying another as this one is a bit long in the tooth.

where did you get it wizard? the da needs a pinlock for his one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Not a bad ref if your looking for a new helmet
    http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

where did you get it wizard? the da needs a pinlock for his one

I got mine online from here http://www.racevisors.co.uk/

Here is my invoice

Product Qty Line Price Line Total
    Pinlock Inserts Universal Universal DIY Kits (Universal - DIY Clear Insert)
    £19.99
    £19.99
    Sub Total: £19.99
    Delivery: £8.99
    Total: £28.98

cheers for that matey

cubix wrote: »
    Not a bad ref if your looking for a new helmet
    http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/

QFT - this should be a mandatory step when you're looking around for a new lid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

baz8080 wrote: »
    QFT - this should be a mandatory step when you're looking around for a new lid.

I remember a conversation with the main man in CROSSANS when I was buying my lid, that website is not as reliable as first seems. Apparently the tests carried out are very basic and on only specific parts of all helmets....He showed my a flip up helmet that got 5 stars in the safety test and you could actually squash the top of the helmet inwards like a ball only for it to return to shape. How it got 5 stars (sticker was still on the helmet and it was new) I dont know....

Just be careful buying a helmet solely from that reference alone. ;)

Case in point my €600 Arai Quantum helmet that was customed tailored to my head and my €490 HJC RPHA-10 Ben Spies Race Replica Helmet all score worse then a Nitro N510V that costs €60!!!!!!!! From side impact and front impact according to that site....I KNOW WHAT I WOULD RATHER ON MY HEAD......

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 V!PER

Anyone getting a helmet that does not try it on 1st is just plain MENTAL.

Advertisement