Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We are apart, so i would like to know...

Options
  • 26-07-2012 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

How much should i pay into her account for preparation for the baby? I am in Ireland. In Euros per week, or per month would be great.
    Rough figure, i am working in a 40 hour week job. 30K-40K salary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Everybody's needs are different, my advice would go halfs on every thing needed for baby and work out after birth what amount to pay per week for maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

would it be a bad idea for instance to put €50 into her account now, per week until the baby is born? Baby is due mid October.
    She recently bought pram and carseat costing over 300

Thanks for your reply, January by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

I would put 150 euro in for the pram just to ensure that was paid half and then start doing 50 a week. Baby stuff is so expensive!

Rachineire wrote: »
    I would put 150 euro in for the pram just to ensure that was paid half and then start doing 50 a week. Baby stuff is so expensive!

ok thanks a lot Rachineire

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

would it be a bad idea for instance to put €50 into her account now, per week until the baby is born? Baby is due mid October.
    She recently bought pram and carseat costing over 300

Thanks for your reply, January by the way

She bought a very reasonably priced pram & carseat at that price :) I know it might seem expensive but that's about as cheap as you get. Baby stuff really is expensive & it would be worth you having a browse on the varying nursery websites so that you have an idea on costs :)

I agree with paying half of what you know she has spent already and then agree on a weekly or monthly amount. Fair play for paying towards your child - its nothing to get praise for as such, as it should be standard, but as so many don't I guess you do :)

You could also choose to pick up some bits & pieces that the baby will need - talking to mum of course so that you don't double buy :)

Sounds like you are making an effort to be part of your child's life & I hope it works out for you :)

• Advertisement

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    She bought a very reasonably priced pram & carseat at that price :) I know it might seem expensive but that's about as cheap as you get. Baby stuff really is expensive & it would be worth you having a browse on the varying nursery websites so that you have an idea on costs :)

I agree with paying half of what you know she has spent already and then agree on a weekly or monthly amount. Fair play for paying towards your child - its nothing to get praise for as such, as it should be standard, but as so many don't I guess you do :)

You could also choose to pick up some bits & pieces that the baby will need - talking to mum of course so that you don't double buy :)

Sounds like you are making an effort to be part of your child's life & I hope it works out for you :)

Thanks for your reply.I think its only right i pay half of what she paid for pram and carseat.
    I am totally not looking to be praised, i want to be a part of the childs life.

Advertisement