Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBOOD - REFUND

Options
  • 26-07-2012 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

I bought two products on ibood in May. They delivered one. I contacted them by email (as phones dont seeem to exist in ibood world) and complained that I only received one. They insisted the box had two products in it (giant lamps) until i took photos of the LAMP box and the lamp in the box. (email replies from them occassionally took 3days after me having to resend them after no responses)

anyway, they agreed and offered me a refund via bank transfer (instead of credit card refund!??).They were out of stock of the lamps.....They said wait 10 business days. I gave them over three weeks. Nothing. I complained. They insisted it had all worked from their end, though after a few emails and dicussions with my bank, they admitted their transfer failed and that they would do a manual transfer. They said to wait 10 business days. It has now past that and still nothing.

They seem friendly/genuine in their emails?Ive been using the service for years and never needed a refund before.Why would there be these sorts of delays??? anyone had any similar problems with them before? :(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

I think that you gave them enough time to sort out the issue.

Reprint all emails you exchanged with IBOOD, bring it to your local branch and let your Bank to investigate the transaction.

http://www.nca.ie/nca/chargeback

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

thanks for that. ill speak to my bank about it.....cheers....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Jarren wrote: »
    I think that you gave them enough time to sort out the issue.

Reprint all emails you exchanged with IBOOD, bring it to your local branch and let your Bank to investigate the transaction.

http://www.nca.ie/nca/chargeback

Contact credit card and go for a chargeback is what needs to be done. The branch will just have the customer ring their credit card centre to arrange this. This can be done by customer without going to the branch.

OP, credit card company will want details of comms between you and Ibood and then will go for chargeback. In this case they acknowledge you didnt get the item and that you have not received a refund for it so a chargeback would seem acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Bank transfers can take weeks - Took AIB almost 3 to process one from France for me. Did they e-mail you a confirmation of the bank transfer? If you are contacting you're bank might be worth having this handy so you can check it's not pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

I had an issue with ibood a few years back where a package never got delivered. It took months to sort it out, but they eventually conjured up the goods. I was left with the impression that they are generally honest but totally disorganized and fairly incompetent. I have ordered from them since without issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 iBOOD Webcare Team

Hi Marcus2000,

Thanks for your post. We are really sorry to hear you didn't receive your money back yet.

We like to help you out. Unfortunately our Customer Service is really busy at the moment and we couldn't find your email.
    Can you let us know your order number in a private message?

Hope to hear from you.

Kind regards,

iBOOD Webcare Team

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@iBOOD Webcare Team - Thank you for posting. However as you represent a commercial entity, I have to ask you to contact the Boards admin team via reps@boards.ie. Until such time that you have done that, please do not post again.

dudara

Thanks "iBOOD Webcare Team" but given this is your first post and you are not registered as a commercial entity, forgive me for not persuing my complaint through this medium.

However, if you check your Inbox "customerservice@ibood.com" , you will see an email from me each day since last wednesday with all the relevant details. I have included times and dates below to help you FIND these emails.

Thursday, 26 July 2012, 10:02 GMT
    Friday, 27 July 2012, 11:43 GMT
    Monday, 30 July 2012, 17:09 GMT
    Tuesday, 31 July 2012, 9:32 GMT

This is the same email address I used for earlier successful communications with you.

thanks.

Just to close this, received my refund today August 6th. Only took a few months and about 20 emails.
    I got a coupon for free delivery, for my troubles. It will take me more than free delivery to use them again.

In conclusion, got a lot of great deals from them over the years, but when there are problems, they are just not reliable!! Not a happy customer. Wont be using iBood again.

Advertisement