Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adare

• 26-07-2012 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

Thinking of buying a house just outside the village - looks to be a nice place with property reasonably priced (?)

But, there seems to have been a lot of recent development and there's the bypass to be considered

Anyone got any up to date info on Adare? Thanks

:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Lovely little village but all I ever think about when I think of Adare is traffic, traffic, traffic. Been through it 5 or 6 times in the last month and every time coming from Limerick it was at least haf an hour in traffic getting through the town. If the traffic doesn't bother you then I'd say its a great place to live. Nice restaurants out there and you are only 10 minutes from the Crescent Shopping Centre and 15 minutes from town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would not hold my breath waiting for the bypass. No money available for in the current climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

you can skip the traffic by going the back roads! take a left towards the woodlands at the roundabout before adare. First right when road turns into a bend and then right again at the end when you hit a t-junction. This brings you out the other side of adare. I live just past rathkeale so I continue the back roads all the way to the 5 cross roads (instead of the turning right I go left at thet-junction i mentioned). Limerick to home in less than 30 mins :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

dricko_lim wrote: »
    you can skip the traffic by going the back roads! take a left ...
    SSSHHHH! :eek: ;) there will be chaos on that road if more people find out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

langdang wrote: »
    SSSHHHH! :eek: ;) there will be chaos on that road if more people find out!

That I'm afraid is the unofficial Adare bypass until we get the real thing. :pac:

I tried to take a northern detour at that roundabout once and ended up coming out at Ferrybridge on the N69 :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

you can skip the traffic by going the back roads! take a left towards the woodlands at the roundabout before adare. First right when road turns into a bend and then right again at the end when you hit a t-junction. This brings you out the other side of adare. I live just past rathkeale so I continue the back roads all the way to the 5 cross roads (instead of the turning right I go left at thet-junction i mentioned). Limerick to home in less than 30 mins :)

And that only works if you can get down to that roundabout , on Saturday the queue to get through adare started back at the motorway

Buy a house there at your own risk but know now that if I seize power I intend to take off and nuke that village from orbit . :D

jonski wrote: »
    And that only works if you can get down to that roundabout , on Saturday the queue to get through adare started back at the motorway

Buy a house there at your own risk but know now that if I seize power I intend to take off and nuke that village from orbit . :D

theres another turn off before that but go through paddyswell on a saturday and keep right at the fork in the road once you go through paddyswell.

Should really keep these shortcuts quiet hhaha:cool:

theres another turn off before that but go through paddyswell on a saturday and keep right at the fork in the road once you go through paddyswell.

Should really keep these shortcuts quiet hhaha:cool:
    :mad::mad::mad:

:P:pac:

:mad::mad::mad:

:P:pac:

ha what pisses me off is when some random takes the route and drives at 30km. this is the only time i get road rage as these people go ridiculously slow (bends fair enough lol) but on normal parts of these roads and sit in the bloody middle :confused:

ha what pisses me off is when some random takes the route and drives at 30km. this is the only time i get road rage as these people go ridiculously slow (bends fair enough lol) but on normal parts of these roads and sit in the bloody middle :confused:
    In fairness - they are cattle tracks.
    I've met plenty buffoons in lowered passats/a4s thinking they are on some section of road closed off for some sort of bogmans rally.

• Advertisement

In fairness - they are cattle tracks.
    I've met plenty buffoons in lowered passats/a4s thinking they are on some section of road closed off for some sort of bogmans rally.

true but still there's driving and slow driving. I regularly get caught with a farmer moving his cows but that doesnt bother me just the slow drivers sticking in the middle of the road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭kentreaper

kentreaper wrote: »
    Thinking of buying a house just outside the village - looks to be a nice place with property reasonably priced (?)

But, there seems to have been a lot of recent development and there's the bypass to be considered

Anyone got any up to date info on Adare? Thanks

:o

OK - but apart from traffic?

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

kentreaper wrote: »
    OK - but apart from traffic?

;)

Way too far out of town for my liking. I wouldn't live anywhere except the city centre though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

You really couldn't pick a better town/village in the county tbh. Very little (if any) of the scobe variety knocking about. The only real negative is the traffic but if you're prepared to overlook that you can't go wrong.

Advertisement