Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 Conference Championship Round Thursday - Monday

Options
  • 26-07-2012 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

Thought we should probably have one of these threads before it gets lost in the Divisional Round thread.

AFC Championship game:

Buffalo Bills (5) @ NY Jets (1)

Danger Dave takes his Bills back to the scene of his greatest triumph. Can his "nearly men" topple Gang-Green? Will there be more irregular betting patterns. The game has already been scheduled for Monday night.

NFC Championship game:

Detroit Lions (5) @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2)

The road-warrior Lions head to Tampa. Having already beaten the number 4 and number 1 seed in the NFC, can they continue their run against the number 2? Will the Bucs be able to lift themselves again after the game to end all games against the Packers in the Divisional round? Can they take down a second commissioner in a week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

Hey Raoul,

Saw your message. I'm not about for any consistent period tonight to get a game in and ain't about on Friday either. Not sure about Saturday yet but should be available most of Sunday from lunchtime onwards. Can do Monday night too.

any of those suit???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

ibmax wrote: »
    Hey Raoul,

Saw your message. I'm not about for any consistent period tonight to get a game in and ain't about on Friday either. Not sure about Saturday yet but should be available most of Sunday from lunchtime onwards. Can do Monday night too.

any of those suit???

Can't say for definite about Sunday/Monday at the moment, will update you on Sunday. Definitely not about Friday/Saturday. If you have an hour to spare tonight just post up and if I am about I will get on.

Raoul wrote: »
    Can't say for definite about Sunday/Monday at the moment, will update you on Sunday. Definitely not about Friday/Saturday. If you have an hour to spare tonight just post up and if I am about I will get on.

Almost defo won't but will try and get it in if i can... no rush otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Bils and Jets scheduled for 10pm Monday night.

Will you be about tonight?

• Advertisement

Will you be about tonight?

Yeah can be. 7pm any use?

Yeah can be. 7pm any use?

Hey Raoul and everyone else,

I am going to have to withdraw my participation from the BFL for Madden 2012. A friend of the family sadly passed away over the weekend which means I am not going to be available in the evenings this week for a variety of related reasons. Combining that with a 9-5 job and an upcoming bank holiday leaves my availability over the next 10 days to 2 weeks at zero.

Can you please boot me from the franchise as I'm not going to be getting online anytime soon? Tell my Bucs gently though... they're a sensitive bunch... especially that Suh chap. The tough guy exterior is merely a front!!!

Apols that i can't play you Raoul, I was hoping to get the game in, even as recently as an hour ago but unfortunately it's not to be. Even had we got it in, the prospect of a superbowl against Berty or a 3rd place playoff against the Bills seems highly unlikely at this stage!!! I'll assume you'll beat the CPU so best of luck against Berty in the superbowl ;)

Cheers aswell to yourself and Santry for looking after the league and largely (there was a slight blip in week1 ;) ) doing an excellent job. Has been a lot of craic and well worth the 40bills for Xbox live!!! Thanks to Heli and Dave too for largely keeping us all in check on the forum.... mainly Heli :) And finally, thanks to all for the good craic during the games. For those who don't have a mic or don't use one i can't recommend it highly enough for madden 13.

It's disappointing i can't make a decent stab at the Superbowl though I guess the 55-52 with Santry was as good a way to go out as any :)

See you in Madden13.... hopefully!!!

Ian

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Sara Silly Tinder

Commiserations Ian pity you deserved the chance at the sb you put one hell of a team together

Ah Ian, that is awful news. Hope that you are coping ok.

Will try and not go too hard on your Buccs. And yes, beating Santry like you did is some way to go out.

Presume you will be back for more fun in Madden 13?

Good luck with everything you are dealing with at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Hey Raoul and everyone else,

I am going to have to withdraw my participation from the BFL for Madden 2012. A friend of the family sadly passed away over the weekend which means I am not going to be available in the evenings this week for a variety of related reasons. Combining that with a 9-5 job and an upcoming bank holiday leaves my availability over the next 10 days to 2 weeks at zero.

Can you please boot me from the franchise as I'm not going to be getting online anytime soon? Tell my Bucs gently though... they're a sensitive bunch... especially that Suh chap. The tough guy exterior is merely a front!!!

Apols that i can't play you Raoul, I was hoping to get the game in, even as recently as an hour ago but unfortunately it's not to be. Even had we got it in, the prospect of a superbowl against Berty or a 3rd place playoff against the Bills seems highly unlikely at this stage!!! I'll assume you'll beat the CPU so best of luck against Berty in the superbowl ;)

Cheers aswell to yourself and Santry for looking after the league and largely (there was a slight blip in week1 ;) ) doing an excellent job. Has been a lot of craic and well worth the 40bills for Xbox live!!! Thanks to Heli and Dave too for largely keeping us all in check on the forum.... mainly Heli :) And finally, thanks to all for the good craic during the games. For those who don't have a mic or don't use one i can't recommend it highly enough for madden 13.

It's disappointing i can't make a decent stab at the Superbowl though I guess the 55-52 with Santry was as good a way to go out as any :)

See you in Madden13.... hopefully!!!

Ian

Ian,

Madden 13 isn't out until the 31st August. I'm sure no one would have a problem with postponing the conference round 10 days or more as there would still be plenty of time. Commiserations about your loss.

Let me know what you want to do.

Thanks,

Ben.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Ian,

Madden 13 isn't out until the 31st August. I'm sure no one would have a problem with postponing the conference round 10 days or more as there would still be plenty of time. Commiserations about your loss.

Thanks,

Ben.

Ehhh....you sure nobody would have a problem?? :mad::mad:

Joking!!

Ehhh....you sure nobody would have a problem?? :mad::mad:

Joking!!

:)

If someone of the other 3 is going to be away fair enough but I think as we have the time if Ian can be back to play in 10-14 days we should delay it. Not as if we're hurrying for anything. :)

:)

If someone of the other 3 is going to be away fair enough but I think as we have the time if Ian can be back to play in 10-14 days we should delay it. Not as if we're hurrying for anything. :)

Yeah, well like it doesn't matter to me. Just going to have to stop myself from going rusty.

Ian,

Thanks,

Ben.

Thanks all for the well wishes and cheers Ben... its a very kind offer.

It's nice to win/get to the superbowl/etc... but i really play the game for the chat as i'm sure you spotted last week :) For this reason I've no problem letting the lads go on ahead with the league... don't want to win it all in my first year.. there'd be nothing left to achieve ;) I think it's best to get the 2012 season out of the way and get the excitement building for 2013. Also, with the uncertainty surrounding my avails over the next week or 2, i don't want to say to the lads i'll be around on a date and then have to postpone again and leave them scratching their backsides for longer.

Thanks again though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Berty44 wrote: »
    Bils and Jets scheduled for 10pm Monday night.

Did this go ahead last night? Jets get their revenge?

Postponed until tonight @ 10.

AFC Championship Game:

Bills @ Jets

Jets went into the game with a great deal of apprehension based on the fact that their only defeat this season had come in their last meeting with Dave's Bills. That was in week 15 where Lynch and Woodhead had taken the Jets defence apart.

Q1: Jets received the ball first and put together a 9 play drive with Barden catching an 8yd TD pass. Bills went 3 and out. Another long Jet drive, 8 plays ends with a 48yd Beuhler FG

Q2: All defence as Bills, then Jets and then Bills then Jets again fail to move the ball. Bills end up with great field position after a Jet punt from their 2. But with the Bills running game being stifled Cutler was airing it out and threw a pick which Anderson returned 48 yards and resulted in another Buehler FG, from 34 yards. Bills had another 3 and out and Jets received the ball with 2 minutes left. A classic 2 minute drill ends with a 2yd Gore TD run to leave the Jets up 20-0 at the half.

Q3: Bills need a good start but Cutler threw another Int and Buehler got his 3rd FG a few plays later. Bills again went 3 and out and on the 2nd play of the next Jet drive Gore chalked off a 44yd TD run to extend the lead. Both sides punted on their next posessions before Bills finally got going with a 3 play drive culminating in V.Jackson catching an 11yd TD pass.

Q4: Started promisingly for the Bills after Atogwe got an Int and returned it to the Jet 19. However the Bills had to settle for a FG from Janikowski. Jets then chewed the clock with a 10 play drive and Ridley ran it in from 10 yards to leave the score 38-10 with 3 minutes left and the game effectively over.

Hard luck to Dave who had a great run with the Bills. With his knowledge of the game Dave will be one of my picks to win a M13 Superbowl with any half decent team.

Defence tonight was probably one of the best I've ever played and it had to be as it effectively won the game for the Jets.

Great chatting Dave and as always kudos for being gracious in defeat as you always are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Congrats Berty, now bring home the Super Bowl to the AFC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Well played Berty ? I just couldn't run the ball simple as. You killed my run game . I was very happy with my D forced a pick, made you punt several times but I couldn't generate good field position into points.

Now as rob says bring it home to the AFC !

CPU Bucs currently 17-6 up in the 3rd quarter :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

CPU Bucs currently 17-6 up in the 3rd quarter :eek:

OOOOOOOooo lord ! Poor Raoul! If the Buccs win , Ibmax should come back to play Berty !

17-13 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Sara Silly Tinder

jeasus if the buccs win this could oust the giants pats as the biggest upset ever

Oh yeah, post up the score when im losing.

Awful game, one of those where you think that madden has it in for you. Cpu making ridiculous interceptions with their backs to the ball. Freeman making stupidly good passes at 3rd and very long. One where he had been tackled on his way down, another guy coming in to hit him even harder but somehow the pass comes off.

Have to say its the best defensive line i have come up against all year. Had no run game. Had three injury scares too, gronk, desean and a cb. All ok though.

Looking forward to the playoff game. Berty if i can play tomorrow it will be late tomorroW evening.

Ran out 23-17 comfortably in the end but very worrying in the 4th

Awful game, one of those where you think that madden has it in for you. Cbs making ridiculous interceptions with their backs to the ball. Freeman making stupidly good passes at 3rd and very long. One where he had been tackled on his way down, another guy coming in to hit him even harder but somehow the pass comes off.

Have to say its the best defensive line i have come up against all year. Had no run game. Had three injury scares too, gronk, desean and a cb. All ok though.

Looking forward to the playoff game. Berty if i can play tomorrow it will be late tomorroW evening.

Ran out 23-17 comfortably in the end but very worrying in the 4th

Sorry eamonn I fell asleep waiting for updates :pac: important CPU games are awful because I always seem to be afraid to play my normal game. Congrats! :)

Well done Raoul ! I can do Thursday evening, how is 10:00pm?

I can do from 8.30 on. What do you think? The earlier the better for me really.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Can we advance after the Super Bowl. I'm curious to see how progression would go for my team

I can do from 8.30 on. What do you think? The earlier the better for me really.
    I have a game starting at just before 8. Should be finished just after 9 and I could do it then.

• Advertisement

Yep that will do! Will try and get psyched up for this.

Et - if Berty wins we will advance the league. If I win, we can all just look at the result of it until Madden 13. :D

I will advance it after so you can see progressions!

Advertisement