Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 3GS - call/speaker issue

• 26-07-2012 11:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

OK so after turning on the phone the other morning, I cannot hear anything when on a call, voice is working fine as other person hears me. If I turn on the loudspeaker then I can hear them fine but as soon as I turn that off it's like its muted. Message tones, notifications etc are all working fine just not what I presume is different speaker for calls. Music works fine through speaker and headphones.

Anyone had this issue or any ideas how to resolve? Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭stuar

Get the proximity sensor replaced,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

i can't see how the proximity sensor would have anything to do with the speaker during a call, op i'd say you need to replace the speaker
    i think they are fairly cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Change the earpiece
    It's fairly common for them to stop working on all models of iPhones

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭stuar

Sorry was a quick reply, ie: proximity sensor.

What I meant was the "AUDIO LIGHT SENSOR MOTION PROXIMITY FLEX CABLE FOR iPHONE 3Gs.
    http://www.syncron.ie/iPHONE_3G_3GS_LIGHT_SENSOR_MOTION_PROXIMITY_AUDIO_p/55.htm

I've encountered a few 3gs's with earpiece trouble and most of the time it wasn't the earpiece speaker, most problems were the flex cable above, I just have a habit of calling this multi function cable "proximity sensor", Op it's the part that comes from the main board to the earpiece speaker and has a few sensors on it too.

Is it possible your earpiece jack is stuffed with dirt/fluff and has fooled the phone into thinking there is a pair of earphones in there?.

Sometimes I have found part of above flex just after somehow coming loose and simply needed to be put back in place on the main board.

Then it might just be your speaker knackered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Thanks for the replies.

I thought originally it may just have been stuck on headphone mode but I've cleared out the earphone jack and issue still persists.

I actually had brought it to a repair shop recently to get the home button fixed and it started happening shortly after I got it back so may just bring it back to him again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement