Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant carrier on UHF

Options
  • 26-07-2012 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Has anyone noticed a constant carrier on 451.000 FM? I haven't had a good listen to it yet. Anytime I have had it on, it sounds like a duplex intercom like what's used for TV (gallery to camera operators etc) Yesterday I heard what sounded like a TV show and a presenter.

Signal is quite strong in Dublin city center and readable heading south towards Dun Laoghaire.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

90.2 x 5 ---> FM Radio
    225.5 x 2 --> TV Sound?

Sounds a strange one. Well, I won't hear it here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Antenna

TV3, according to:

http://www.frequencydb.com/forum/index.php/topic,15149.0.html

Will this be the only way to hear any TV audio on your scanner after 24 October !?

No, just get a scanner with DVB-T :)

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

Cheers for that.

the last time I heard something on it was a fake nasal D4 accent so makes sense now.

Do they pay Comreg serious money each year to use frequencies like those and such good coverage?

Since Comreg seems to exist only to collect revenue ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement