Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 13 Mock Draft

Options
  • 26-07-2012 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Mock Draft 2.0

Thought I'd update this after the new rankings and after looking through everyone's favourite team in the 'Me Outside Madden' thread.

As you can guess, not a busy day for me.

Bit of fun...

M13_MockDraft_v2.jpg

EDIT: After reading ibmax's profile, tough call between the Raiders and Buccs. And we all know how irrational Raider fans are... goes with heart and the Raiders.
    Berty then takes Buccs over Jags.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

Very good!!! Here's another spanner in the works... Daflood is a Bengals fan :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'd be taking the Bengals or the Panthers in that scenario.

By the way a questionable QB is not what attracts me to the niners. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

After some insider info from Adam Schefter, the draft has taken a few turns in the bottom half

M13_MockDraft_v3.jpg

Up go the Raiders and Bengals, and down go the Jets, Redskins, Chiefs and Bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I can't really see The Jags being abandoned. MJD is just too good to be passed up by the rush obsesed BFL GMs. I think they are a few players away from being very competative.

If the draft goes the way of this mock I could see a certain commish clicking his heels and not ending up in Kanas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Barbara Curved Overlord

great job rob i think the mid level teams are closer than most years and theres a few interesting teams down low for example

the jags (mjd)
    the colts (luck)
    bucs (they will be decent in the first year with there youth id expect a huge jump in the second and third year especially if berty gets them)
    bengals (see above dalton and green will be elite within 2 years and they have some serious young players on d to match)

should be an interesting draft im expecting a few supprises along the way

another think to consider is if the rams have all the redskins first rounders that would make them a much more attractive prospect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Now that would be a very tough scenario to choose in, and not because of the teams being good or anything. Maybe the Redskins though I would need a pre-arranged blockbuster trade of half the front 7 to switch to a 4-3 (perhaps a trade with the Panthers, I know adrian likes the 3-4, there could even be the biggest trade ever of the entire front 7, though really I'd just be trying to trade Dansby and Kerrigan).

By the way I don't support the Raiders, I'm a Raven, though I have a soft spot for the Raiders, then again I have a soft spot for all 4 AFC West teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Can you pop your prediction into groups, just so I can see who might end up vs who. Then see which division is the toughest etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Great stuff!

Out of the two teams mocked for me (Broncos and Redskins) I'd be pretty happy with either. Manning or RGIII, both are great to have at QB. Bengals, Chiefs and Bills also look very tempting. The good thing is there's sure to be some decent choice even all the way down at pick number 20.

I'm a Ravens fan by the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

madalig12 wrote: »
    Can you pop your prediction into groups, just so I can see who might end up vs who. Then see which division is the toughest etc.

2z812pt.jpg
    From Robs last post.

Thankfully no group of death with SantryRed and Berty although certainly the AFC West and NFC South look like the group to beat for my money.

Hopefully the CPU dolphins of this year will be like the CPU Steelers of last year and I can get at least two W's on the scorecard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm not taking camolina if that's the division I'll be in.

• Advertisement

haha dave and matthew in the same division now thats a rivalry

and dave gets out of bertys division at last and ends up in santrys tough luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I've Got an idea and I don't know if it'll fly. But how about no one knows who picks who? I could take team picks through PM and then just give available teams to the next player. Something to think about. Could make it much more interesting!! :) what we could do is get someone to take over after the 10th pick who has already picked so I don't get an unfair advantage either.

I'd be happy with that mock group. Two new players to play against in Mike and Rob and then a renewed rivalry with Empacher who I always have really close games against.

NFC South would be a very, very tough group.

I actually think the Colts will be picked by a human. Berty likes a good QB and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him take Luck with the last pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

SantryRed wrote: »
    I've Got an idea and I don't know if it'll fly. But how about no one knows who picks who? I could take team picks through PM and then just give available teams to the next player. Something to think about. Could make it much more interesting!! :) what we could do is get someone to take over after the 10th pick who has already picked so I don't get an unfair advantage either.

You would be able to tell who was gone by teams who are no longer available, but if we could work around it, its a great idea

I would be OK with that. The only people it could annoy is those who pick towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

I've Got an idea and I don't know if it'll fly. But how about no one knows who picks who? I could take team picks through PM and then just give available teams to the next player.

Yeah sounds good Santry, was trying to think of a similar system myself to keep things anonymous.
    For guys with first few picks could get them to send their top 5 or more to whoever is taking care of it to keep it anonymous at the top
    Myself (11) or Heli (12) could take over from whoever was doing like you'd suggested.

Would be really interesting, and big reveal at the end would be good fun.

I've Got an idea and I don't know if it'll fly. But how about no one knows who picks who? I could take team picks through PM and then just give available teams to the next player.

I think it sounds solid BUT there needs to be a seeding/random draw/some solution to make sure the 2 conferences are balanced numbers wise if not ability wise too. Could be something as simple as 1st pick is AFC, 2nd pick NFC, 3rd pick AFC and so on. Could be some other way.

I think someone mentioned earlier, the team rankings suggest the NFC would have much more teams selected. Gotta try and avoid this happening!!!

ibmax wrote: »
    I think it sounds solid BUT there needs to be a seeding/random draw/some solution to make sure the 2 conferences are balanced numbers wise if not ability wise too. Could be something as simple as 1st pick is AFC, 2nd pick NFC, 3rd pick AFC and so on. Could be some other way.

I think someone mentioned earlier, the team rankings suggest the NFC would have much more teams selected. Gotta try and avoid this happening!!!

In the mock draft it was only 14-12 which is fine. I would even be happy with 15-11, because 11 isn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Thanks Dave, Looks good, some tough looking prospects there, mine looks ok and I really hope we get all the teams with human players cos i hate the cpu.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Not a bad idea.

Just send a ranked list with the same amount of teams as your position to ensure at least one is available.

14-12 or even 15-11 wouldn't be the worst in the world if the divisions are sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

For record I'm a Giants fan :-)

I have been thinking about who I would want to manage in 13... and have few ideas

I hadnt really thought of 49ers before though, and now its out there I would be considering them
    I need to start researching my possibilities and give them a good test drive in before we kick of new season.

I'd like Ravens to be honest, but I doubt that'll happen... maybe Panthers though... Jags N Colts are up there too
    Or'll throw a dart at a list and see what sticks :-)

Decision, decisions...a lot can change in 6 weeks

Another thing to remember is that Madden team ratings are updated on a week by week basis, aren't they?

As we'll likely be just after the 2nd week of real life NFL games when we start our connected career mode, teams who have easier starts (on paper) such as the Texans, Patriots and Saints might well go up a few notches on the OVR rating whilst teams with tough stars (on paper) such as the Browns and Titans might well go down a few notches on the OVR rating.

I doubt it would be enough to turn anyone onto or off a team, but it may be something that people keep in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'm really tempted to pick the redskins at 2....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Not a bad idea.

Just send a ranked list with the same amount of teams as your position to ensure at least one is available.

So as it stands I would have to submit a list of 26 teams in order - I think thats a bit mad !!!

I think there will be great fun to be had if there is a team picking thread going as the picks are made. Speculation, reactions etc. We would completely miss out on all of that.

Also think there is too much worry about filling divisions. If we have all 26 players as suggested coming back we would only need 6 more players for a full 32 player league, thats not many !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I expect this ðided when I get back! Mcg will take the colts anyway.

The same process as the BPL imo

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I'm really tempted to pick the redskins at 2....

Overrated at 78, awesome team to play with I expect though. I will jump at the chance to pick them if I can and the Panthers are unavailable. Probably both off the board though :(.

Berty44 wrote: »
    So as it stands I would have to submit a list of 26 teams in order - I think thats a bit mad !!!

I think there will be great fun to be had if there is a team picking thread going as the picks are made. Speculation, reactions etc. We would completely miss out on all of that.

Also think there is too much worry about filling divisions. If we have all 26 players as suggested coming back we would only need 6 more players for a full 32 player league, thats not many !

Exactly!! KISS*

I think this is the best way to go... people may want to be in the same division with someone as much as they want to avoid them!!! Lets do this in the open and have a bit of banter along the way. The community aspect of the BFL is great/the best part and hiding who's picking who and why takes away from this. We comment/post on every other aspect... why keep arguably the most important decision ahead of the next game a secret???

Also, guys like myself and Berty are going to have late picks... the early picking guys get a good choice of teams, you gotta give us something to look forward to... i can't wait to find out who of the Browns, Vikes and Bucs fall to me ;)

*Keep it simple stupid

Berty44 wrote: »

I agree with this, open and transparent thread, maybe do something like 5 picks per night (or day) for 5 nights?

There's 2 sides to it anyway of u end up in a division with Ben or Berty it's gona be tougher to win your division but your gona improve big time as a player playing them twice a year there's a reason dave and the NFC north have done well on the playoffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

adrian522 wrote: »
    I agree with this, open and transparent thread, maybe do something like 5 picks per night (or day) for 5 nights?

Don't know why but I think I did the BPL teams?

I just set people set times to hand get their picks in at and if you weren't going to make the draft, you could send me your top 5 picks. So we could have say 5 people pick in the morning and then 5 people pick at night. Do it over the course of two or three days.

I think Ben's idea is the fairest but it would really take away from the excitement of it all. I think we will have do away with he idea of telling people what conference to pick as it just isn't fair to force people into picking a certain team. Hopefully it will just even itself out and hopefully the league will be more or less full anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Advertisement