Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 13 Mock Draft

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Raoul wrote: »

I think Ben's idea is the fairest but it would really take away from the excitement of it all. I think we will have do away with he idea of telling people what conference to pick as it just isn't fair to force people into picking a certain team. Hopefully it will just even itself out and hopefully the league will be more or less full anyway so it doesn't really matter.

I think my way could possibly add more excitement. Announce divisions a couple of hours at a time. Build up hysteria :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

No matter what way you end up doing it can make it a bit of fun anyway, not going to stop the banter from happening.
    Think Santry's idea is a good one, as if we are trying to make it fair then this would avoid a situation where someone at the end might pick a team based on what "weaker" players are in a certain division rather than picking a team on its merits.
    And if everyone has their team preferences ready in advance then it should be able to go pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

No matter what way you end up doing it can make it a bit of fun anyway, not going to stop the banter from happening.
    Think Santry's idea is a good one, as if we are trying to make it fair then this would avoid a situation where someone at the end might pick a team based on what "weaker" players are in a certain division rather than picking a team on its merits.
    And if everyone has their team preferences ready in advance then it should be able to go pretty quickly.

Very good point actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yeah I definitely think it is the way to go actually. We can still announce two divisions a day over the course of 4 days. Build up the excitement. :)

Had some spare time this morning so quickly went through first 30-odd pages of the old forum (until week 2/3 of Season 1) to see who else had posted in there and now have a list of Boards usernames that are potential players for Madden 13.

Thought it might be useful for the commissioners/mods (Xbox and PS3) to PM them to make them aware of our new forum here and see if they have any interest in Madden 13

If we managed to get a couple of guys to return, could fill up a few divisions and bring us closer to the elusive 32-man league

Guys who had Signed up for Season 1 of BFL
    UnitedIrishMan (Falcons)
    HeartOfTheCity (Broncos)
    NiallSparky (Seahawks)
    Ix Deadmau5 (Giants)
    Mikeyt086 (Raiders)
    BastardPrince (Panthers)
    JohnnyRyan99 (Chargers)
    Joyce88 (Texans)
    Limpar (Cowboys)
    Shiroki (Dolphins)
    kilns (Steelers)

edit: Copper_pipe (Dolphins in Season 2 I think)

Guys who posted in forum
    bmcc10
    Richard Hillman
    Faker74
    That_Guy
    Hulk Hands
    PADRAIC.M
    Pyjamarama
    Chad Ochocinco
    Penn
    Destroyer666
    Coll79
    SeanyMc22
    Billy86
    Kinikie

Guys who posted in forum and specified they had PS3
    Vikings
    Izy
    Rochey18
    markontap
    cena
    TheHumanOnion
    infacteh
    bmcc10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Fair play rob. I'll pm them when early next week. Don't think I'll have time over the weekend.

Sending the PMs now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Got SantryRed's PM there, never knew this forum popped up!

Basically I had to quit the 1st season of the Madden 12 league as my disc broke, never ended up getting another one. I'll be buying Madden 13 on launch day and I would love to be a part of the league again, loads of good games and sound characters.

Also I'm a Jags fan, and by the looks of things they are still available? (Xbox btw)

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Got SantryRed's PM there, never knew this forum popped up!

Basically I had to quit the 1st season of the Madden 12 league as my disc broke, never ended up getting another one. I'll be buying Madden 13 on launch day and I would love to be a part of the league again, loads of good games and sound characters.

Also I'm a Jags fan, and by the looks of things they are still available? (Xbox btw)

That is efficiency :D

No teams have been picked yet as a draft will take place at the beginning of September. There is a good chance the Jags will be there though.

Returning from Madden 12 - BFL Season 3
    1. adrian522
    2. linebacker52
    3. BigBadRob83
    4. Danger_dave1
    5. davetherave
    6. Stev_o
    7. ibmax
    8. LukeBray
    9. Nelbert
    10. Paully D
    11. empacher
    12. notyalc666
    13. etloveslsd
    14. Berty44
    15. Raoul
    16. SantryRed
    17. matthew8
    18. madalig12
    19. Barbara Curved Overlord
    20. NekoChan
    21. Pudsy33
    22. helimachoptor

New
    23. Mikeyt086

Questionable Returning
    Daflood
    McG
    Shane.C
    mikemac1

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I'll be buying Madden 13 on launch day and I would love to be a part of the league again, loads of good games and sound characters.

Welcome back to the league

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Is that draft order rob?:p

adrian522 wrote: »
    Is that draft order rob?:p

No, just alphabetically by team. Copied it straight from a spreadsheet

Will finalise the draft order after the Super Bowl has been played

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Some of those people were kicked for not playing games. I'm not sure who. But great work Rob, no harm giving people a second chance!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It would be great if we could get a full 32 human players :cool:

Thought I'd update this after the end of the season, and to change it up took out the guys who may or may not be back for M13.

A few interesting movers up and down the board

M13_MockDraft_v4.jpg

I would LOVE the Broncos :D

Great read rob. I still think someone will pick the bills. Not myself but someone could see them as an excellent team.

I don't know If the broncos fall. I think your give Santry false hope :pac:

Great read rob. I still think someone will pick the bills. Not myself but someone could see them as an excellent team.

I don't know If the broncos fall. I think your give Santry false hope :pac:

If the NFL Draft mocks are anything to go by, then am sure I will be way way off come draft day.
    Bit of fun in the mean time.

You'd be very lucky if the Jets fell that far. Hate to play against you with that defense

You'd be very lucky if the Jets fell that far. Hate to play against you with that defense

True, I can see them falling there's so many patriots fans in the league . I can't see any of them bringing themselves to taking gang green :pac:

It will be interesting to see where the redskins and the panthers fall. With the option play being made a reality in madden 13 .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I love Tony Romo but I would go with the Panthers there. As I always say, Tony Romo is awesome but the rest of the Cowboys are pure muck. And Dan Snyder is far more of an Al Davis than Jerry Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I know i said it already, but I'm seriously contemplating the redskins at 2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Pudsy33 wrote: »

Wow.

I would too, and I would be absolutely stunned if they even fell to me. Very attractive team. No way they could fall to 18.

The RG3 man love is in full effect!

If they were available I could see myself taking them. Good skill position players

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

matthew8 wrote: »

I would too, and I would be absolutely stunned if they even fell to me. Very attractive team. No way they could fall to 18.

You're just saying that cause you want the ravens :P

You're just saying that cause you want the ravens :P

Not a chance. I would rather the Panthers/Redskins.

Wow.

I got the redskins in another franchise and to be honest I've struggled with them. I know they will have RG3 but he will of a similar level to Newton I would imagine, so why not take the Panters?

He will be way below the likes of Rodgers, Brady, Brees.

Also Washington traded away a load of picks to get him so you won't have much opportunity to improve through the draft in the first few years either.

I got the redskins in another franchise and to be honest I've struggled with them. I know they will have RG3 but he will of a similar level to Newton I would imagine, so why not take the Panters?

He will be way below the likes of Rodgers, Brady, Brees.

Also Washington traded away a load of picks to get him so you won't have much opportunity to improve through the draft in the first few years either.

I imagine the rest of the team will also be much improved as their overall went up to 78.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

When are we doing the draft?

Advertisement