Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 13 Mock Draft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I know i said it already, but I'm seriously contemplating the redskins at 2.

There a perfect 4-3 fit. Even tho they play 3-4 . No need for a trade either. However cap room is non existent and no first round draft pick. Plus your in possibly the highest team rated division. So the schedule will be brutal . In saying that tho you get RG3 ! The panthers should really go before redskins, for the fact that newton will be a better QB with phenomenal running backs and Steve smith at wide ou and Olsen at tight end. That's your offense sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I know i said it already, but I'm seriously contemplating the redskins at 2.

There a perfect 4-3 fit. Even tho they play 3-4 . No need for a trade either. However cap room is non existent and no first round draft pick. Plus your in possibly the highest team rated division. So the schedule will be brutal . In saying that tho you get RG3 ! The panthers should really go before redskins, for the fact that newton will be a better QB with phenomenal running backs and Steve smith at wide ou and Olsen at tight end. That's your offense sorted.

Yeah im certainly considering them too. They suit my style of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

The problem though is Madden really doesn't rate Carriker/Cofield/that other guy which is a major problem. Another problem is that I always like to have my best pass rusher on the inside (one thing I just discovered before my game with you was if I move my best pass rusher to DT they will be far more successful, I moved Bowers there and he finally came good, though the rest of the team didn't follow suit), but of course you can't move Orakpo/Kerrigan inside, it won't let you. One thing I could do however is maintain the 3-4 and move Orakpo to end, where he's essentially a defensive tackle. Jonathan Goff is a good addition to the LB corps. The problem with the Panthers is you're playing with only one good defensive lineman, and Martin is crap. That said I will jump at the chance to take them ahead of the Redskins.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Everyone is assuming that the traded draft picks will be carried into madden, which I have never seen before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Everyone is assuming that the traded draft picks will be carried into madden, which I have never seen before.

That's the talk this time round. It's the correct thing to do tbh.

• Advertisement

etloveslsd wrote: »

I'm skeptical too. It would be a major oversight though if such a blockbuster trade isn't carried in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Something that everyone should be taking into account when picking their team this year - cap space:

AFC East
    Bills: $7.36 million
    Jets: $5.86 million
    Dolphins: $4.45 million
    Patriots: $10.87 million

AFC North
    Bengals: $16.30 million
    Browns: $17.77 million
    Ravens: $606,000
    Steelers: $3.73 million

AFC South
    Colts: $14.59 million
    Jaguars: $25.11 million
    Texans: $4.05 million
    Titans: $19.97 million

AFC West:
    Broncos: $11.71 million
    Chargers: $2.86 million
    Chiefs: $16.54 million
    Raiders: $1.34 million

NFC East
    Cowboys: $7.18 million
    Giants: $3.11 million
    Eagles: $15.74 million
    Redskins: $6.97 million

NFC North
    Bears: $3.82 million
    Lions: $3.77 million
    Packers: $11.25 million
    Vikings: $10.52 million

NFC South
    Buccaneers: $15.74 million
    Falcons: $2.75 million
    Panthers: $8.76 million
    Saints: $2.12 million

NFC West
    49ers: $3.39 million
    Cardinals: $4.55 million
    Rams: $3.60 million
    Seahawks: $8.47 million

Those figures are correct as of July 16th and are very fluid so have changed a small bit, but give a good indication of what teams have a lot or very little cap space to work with.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Has the NFC West been relegated?

adrian522 wrote: »
    Has the NFC West been relegated?

Edited in now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Are we doing the draft before the game comes out? Could be something to stave the boredom :pac:

Lukebray wrote: »
    Are we doing the draft before the game comes out? Could be something to stave the boredom :pac:

Now that would be very interesting. Picking teams before we can see all the ratings. I'm all for it. Can't say I like the salary cap, because for a lot of teams there will be serious cap sht next season which could wreck teams.

Lukebray wrote: »

It would definite stave off some of the boredom and I wouldn't mind either way myself, but I'm sure some people would rather have a week with the game to try out teams they have a decent chance of getting in the draft and deciding who they want to take then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Yeah think it would be much better to give people a chance to play the game for a few days and try different teams/gameplans to see what they like before picking teams

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Can't say that I'd fancy picking a team without finding out their tendencies are either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Absolutely agree more with what Rob says. We are only going to get 3 seasons in so there is not point in rushing and ending up finished in early July.

I was having a look over on the Madden PFL forum and they're having their draft tonight. Redskins and Rams gone in the top 4 picks! First 5 were: 49ers, Patriots, Redskins, Rams and Packers.

I had the first pick...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Which league Adrian?

Which league Adrian?

UKML, draft order was random, pick a 6 digit number and whoever is closest to number in millionaire lotto number gets first pick,

I was tempted by the packers but heart over head went with the niners.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Can I join?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Can I join?

Of course!!

Not sure how many people we are up to now but we will know better when the game actually comes out and people are ready to pick teams. Most likely we will be doing the draft 2 weeks after the game comes out.

Also want to note that Brianon wants to join the Madden franchise. And possibly a couple of others who I am waiting to hear back from by pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Raoul wrote: »
    Also want to note that Brianon wants to join the Madden franchise. And possibly a couple of others who I am waiting to hear back from by pm.

So in a best case scenario how many do you think we'd have? There's at least 4 or 5 news guys right?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

How many are we up to now then? Coming close to a full 32 team league?

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

I think I am correct in saying we should be in and around the high 20s?

I think I am correct in saying we should be in and around the high 20s?

Last year we had 26 and there's one definitely not coming back. Eli Manning is joining (I wonder if it's the real one? :pac:), Mikey is joining, Brianon is joining and a couple of others possibly too according to Raoul's post so presuming one of those two join that would give us 29. There's probably a good chance we'd get one or two others that have picked up the game and want to join a league but I'd also take into account that one or two that were playing last year may not come back also (there's 3 on the mock draft list with question marks at the minute that haven't been accounted for as far as I know) and cancel each other out.

If I was to guess I think we'll end up starting with around 29 or 30 human players (even that would be excellent as it's an increase of 3 or 4 on last season) but we could quite easily get a full 32 human players.

Im going to be a bit more pessimistic and say that at most we will have about 26

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Im going to be a bit more pessimistic and say that at most we will have about 26

From the last mock I did, we had 23 returning players from Madden 12.
    Out: McG
    Not sure: Mikemac1, Shane.C

Confirmed new: Mikeyt086, Brianon, Eli Manning, PerrinV2
    Possible new: ?? Raoul in touch with them

Based on that should be minimum 26
    Max could be 29/30

Would be great to get almost full league

Advertisement