Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone actually left UPC and then returned as a "new" customer?

• 26-07-2012 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭

There've been a few threads here lately about the new prices kicking in from 1st August and the opportunity it affords people to cancel their contract without penalty.

Now, I'm already out of contract anyway, and have been trying to do the sums on what it would cost/save me to terminate my contract and immediately re-apply as a "new" customer in order to avail of the various sweeteners available to them (vouchers, first four months half-price, no more standalone charge for taking only BB & phone w/o TV, etc.). I imagine it means a world of pain dealing with their customer "service" crew, and possibly a couple of weeks with no internet, but I could live with that if it meant a hundred euro (or more) in my pocket rather than theirs.

I've read the terms and conditions and can't see anything in them that would prevent me from doing this, but of course there's nothing to stop them from simply refusing to take me on again or (perhaps) to apply the promotional offer(s), since they can argue that I'm not really a "new" customer at all but am simply playing them at their own game. I don't really want to switch to a new provider, as the service itself is excellent from a technical point of view. The problems only arise when you have to deal with their sales/CS/billing department.

So — has anyone here been down this road? Did it work out OK? Were you long waiting? Did you get the promotional deals as advertised?

TIA for any feedback (particularly from the UPC rep who posts here sometimes!)

Advertisement