Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCPS

Options
  • 26-07-2012 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

Im not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I'm just wondering if any other boardsies have had any dealings with NCPS, more specfically, Park by Text. I used this parkbytext service back in january, one morning I was late for the train. I topped up 10 euro and used two euro from it. I haven't parked in a train station carpark since. However, my bank statement just came and theres an unauthorised debit of 20 euro from parkbytext, which is putting my bank account as overdrawn.

I have tried contact them on numerous occasions, to no avail. I have even filled in the contact us section on their website which told me to expect a reply within 28 days. I know its not an awful amount of money, but I am livid, even more so that nobody is returning my calls.

Any idea what to do? Or is this standard behaviour from NCPS?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

Not sure if it is the Park By Text that you can use in Dublin, but I use that and there is a setting on the account that it tops up your account from your payment card (laser or credit card), by a certain amount (seems the miniumum is €20) once it goes below €10. This maybe what has happened. Can you log onto your account and see if this setting is clicked? With Dublin CC parking one, there doesn't seem to be an option to disable this. So the money is in your parkling account and by ticking that you agree with terms and conditions, you may have given the company permission to take money from your bank to top up your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Contact your bank.

Under the rules of the Irish Direct Debit scheme, an Originator is obliged to notify you before they take a payment by DD.
    If they have taken the money without giving proper notification then this is classed as an unauthorised DD, and your bank should refund the DD and pursue NCPS' bank themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

blackwhite wrote: »
    Contact your bank.

Under the rules of the Irish Direct Debit scheme, an Originator is obliged to notify you before they take a payment by DD.
    If they have taken the money without giving proper notification then this is classed as an unauthorised DD, and your bank should refund the DD and pursue NCPS' bank themselves.

This doesn't look like a direct debit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OP, you need to look at settings on your account, and have a read of the NCPS FAQ. As RangeR said, this may have been covered by the settings on your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

blackwhite wrote: »
    Contact your bank.

It's not DD. Its the same as one of the eflow accounts. You put whatever amount you want in and when signign up you authorise them to automatically top your account back up to €30 (iirc, could be a different amount) from your card when you go below €12.

• Advertisement
Advertisement