Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kindle & Photos

• 26-07-2012 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if you can view photo's eg: photo's in photography books etc on a kindle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭jonnybangbang

well i wouldn't imagine that it would be very good for photos. Its black and white and detail wouldn't be great at the screen is designed for just text.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Baltrux

Yea thats what I thought but I don't know much about them at all I'm just thinking about getting one, I saw this in my researches, would they have it if the pictures weren't any good?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Understanding-Exposure-3rd-Edition-ebook/dp/B004FEFS5E/ref=sr_1_24?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1343306653&sr=1-24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Youre much better off with the print edition then kindle for those kinda books.
    Kindle is low res B&W. You lose so much detail from the books pictures its really defeats the purpose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I had one and it would be no good for viewing pictures, they really only work for reading, you would be better of getting a tablet of some description and looking at them on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Baltrux wrote: »
    would they have it if the pictures weren't any good?

In the US, there's a Kindle with a colour screen. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051VVOB2/ref=famstripe_kf.

Also, there's Kindle apps on iOS, Android, etc, some of which would have very good colour screens.

So the answer to your question probably is that books like this aren't aimed at the B&W Kindles, but there's more to the Kindle than just those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

I don't know about a kindle but I use a sony prs-t1 and its loaded with hundreds of books and notes on photography. I even put all my gear manuals on their so if I'm stuck I won't have to go lugging around a heap of books. It can store photos and the quality is pretty good though its black and white. I never used to read half as much until I bought it, now its been a life saver more than once. You can draw out notes and things too which is handy sometimes and the wifi's never let me down. Of all the gadgets I've bought in the last year or more that's been the most long lived and its helped out so many times in the field.

6673824283_6d036bd0c0_z.jpg
    I took this a while ago, its got a very good anti glare screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

This might give you an idea of the screen size for photos, its a book cover for the same printed book beside it.

6674181493_8acd9dd739_z.jpg

Advertisement