Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog couldn't move this morning

• 26-07-2012 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I have a cross breed german shepherd/collie. She's almost 9 years old, lean and healthy, but this morning she couldn't move - I think she hurt her hind legs jumping off the bed last night. She was also trembling. I managed to get her to stand and she had her tail tucked firmly between her legs. She walked crooked to the door then flopped down again and didnt budge. When I tried to lift her she whined in pain. Ten minutes later she was fine! What could possible have happened?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Could be a minor pull? Like when you get a pull in your hamstring and it hurts like hell for a few minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Schoolteacher

I hope so! Gave me a fright though. Thanks for reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Vet check for def. It could be any number of things so best to get her checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭foreversky

same thing happen to my cousins dog .crying in pain:(.back leg was hurt.had to go vet in end for the pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

When wee dog here was younger and would race about even more than now, she rolled and fell down concrete steps. The next day she was sore so we wrapped her in a blanket on her favourite chair with a HWB and next day she was fine and has been ever since. Like us after a gardening session....

• Advertisement
Advertisement