Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEED A LIFT

Options
  • 26-07-2012 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hey all im looking for a lift out to the Airport industrial estate from the 4th of August for about 2 weeks i can pay a weekly rate, im starting a new job out there and just waiting for the money to insure my motorbike , if anyone can help me out please msg me , thanks in advance ,Keith

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭watermark

ooooohhh what are those things called.......just...cant...think.......

A TAXI!

they charge you a rate too as far as i know.

phew, that was diving me nuts! no need to thank me :p

p.s. congrats on the new job!

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Hopefully you will meet someone out there on the first day and they might be able to give you lifts from then on. Probably best just getting taxi the first day and see who ya meet.
    As the other poster already said, I think some of the taximen will do a deal with you since its ongoing work for them.
    What bike ya have?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭war_child

ye dont really have money for taxis which is why i was askin , 5 quid to someone goin that way is better then spending 15 quid for one trip, hopefully ill get someone to comment with a lift instead of offering me options i allready ruled out ...but thanks for the help lmao :D...

And i just picked up a Marauder 125 lad really lookin forward to gettin her on the road .....

So if ders anyone out there dat goes to the ind est dat wouldnt mind someone taggin along please send me a message cheers folks

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

watermark wrote: »
    ooooohhh what are those things called.......just...cant...think.......

A TAXI!

they charge you a rate too as far as i know.

phew, that was diving me nuts! no need to thank me :p

p.s. congrats on the new job!

They say attack the post and not the poster so....my God what a moronic post.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moans3536

Would be handy to know where you want lift from eg.mooncoin ,kilmeaden,duper road

• Advertisement

war_child wrote: »

And i just picked up a Marauder 125 lad really lookin forward to gettin her on the road .....

I started off one of them many moons ago. Great bike. Goes forever.

trying to think do I know anyone going out that way but as last poster said, where ya coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

If you pay someone money for a lift that will void their insurance unless they are a taxi.
    So i suggest a present of a fuel voucher in return

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    If you pay someone money for a lift that will void their insurance unless they are a taxi.

Oh dear god!

just to clarify i can meet anyone that goes thru town . im comin from ferrybank so anywer on the quay wouldnt be a problem ...cheers folks

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Petey89

its not like there going to put it through the books. its just a bit of petrol money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

moans3536 wrote: »
    Would be handy to know where you want lift from eg.mooncoin ,kilmeaden,duper road

Where's Duper Road??

Get off the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Where's Duper Road??
    I going to guess it's D'Upper Yellow Road?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭watermark

They say attack the post and not the poster so....my God what a moronic post.

some people have no sense of humour!

Adyx wrote: »
    I going to guess it's D'Upper Yellow Road?

Good thinking.
    I picked it up as. It could be anywhere but your explanation makes good sense

• Registered Users Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Thank you for giving me the best laugh I've had in quite a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

...Taxis are WAY too expensive for anyone starting off in a new job. When I started work 35 yrs ago people used to do deals for a seat to work and all chip in to pay for the petrol etc and no hassle. Communities knew each other better back then.

One couldn't get credit for a car or bike that easily and interest rates were VERY high. Best option was to save up and buy second hand for cash with help from the family.

Of course the government and society in general make it very hard to operate any transport solution but a private car, Airport district should be easy to get to. Is your workplace near the airport??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

You're correct, I collect a child from schol as part of my childminding service and because I get paid for it I have to have commercial motor insurance but if I wasn't doing a school run but going about my business and gave a child a life then domestic motor insurance would cover me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Get off the internet

I am so sorry for making a stupid post. Can i please stay on the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

Sully could be passing that way, God knows what madness could happen you if your with him though. He's like the John McClane from die hard. Wrong place, right time....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

91Dzm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

what time aswell

Im glad to see my simple post has caused so much debate regarding , insurance , legalities and even the internet lmao .

Right all info included.

Im looking to get to Cessna road, Unit one just after the main airport entrance.
    Its office hours so anytime before 9 am would suffice.
    Im living in ferrybank and can be collected anywer in town that suits the driver.
    Im male an Aries i like pena coladas and gettin lost in the rain , however im not in to yoga.

Many Thanks on behalf of my sanity

Keith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

i go that way about 5.45 so no good to ye................

I am so sorry for making a stupid post. Can i please stay on the internet?

Ok. Group hug

Right people this thread is active again as the lad i had who was bringin me in has had to back out , i need a lift to the Airport Ind Est starting on Tuesday 7th of this month, The company is based on Cessna Road, Its office hours so anytime before 9 am would be great, im livin in ferrybank but could meet the driver anywere on the Quays.

If your going out that way or know of anyone that works even in the Airport i could hugely use a lift.

Many Thanks

Keith

Advertisement