Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More good news from Phil Hogan..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Fcuk it, i'm working into the hand from here on in then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

davet82 wrote: »
    Fcuk it, i'm working **** into the hand from here on in then...

That's I read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

This is just another attempt to reflect away from the real situation that is inefficencies in the county councils and reform and turning people against each other:

The payers against the non-payers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

davet82 wrote: »
    Fcuk it, i'm working into the hand from here on in then...

I thought he planned to tax cash in hand also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

juan.kerr wrote: »

How is that enforceable? It's supposed to be taxed as it is.

• Advertisement

fcuk that, i'm leaving then :P

How is that enforceable? It's supposed to be taxed as it is.

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

ilovesleep wrote: »
    This is just another attempt to reflect away from the real situation that is inefficencies in the county councils and reform and turning people against each other:

The payers against the non-payers.

I heard a bit of Ming Flanagan yesterday and this is his main problem with the household tax. It's going to people who don't know what to do with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I see Fail Hogan is still trying to scaremonger the Irish people. This is no more than a publicity stunt, and many stupid Irish people will fall for it. He has no intention of raising taxes, he's just trying to come at the household charge from another angle.

dlofnep wrote: »
    I see Fail Hogan is still trying to scaremonger the Irish people. This is no more than a publicity stunt, and many stupid Irish people will fall for it. He has no intention of raising taxes, he's just trying to come at the household charge from another angle.

Well the shortfall will have to come from somewhere...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I heard a bit of Ming Flanagan yesterday and this is his main problem with the household tax. It's going to people who con't know what to do with it!

Yeah, a shower of "con'ts".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

dlofnep wrote: »

Well his first effort didn't work and neither will this. You'd think FG would appoint a Minister who actually paid his own charges instead of someone like Phil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

:rolleyes:

Yeah I walked straight into that one :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Maybe we could borrow it of Sean Quinn :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Yeah but not from my ****in' pocket it aint!

Fcuk it, i'm working **** into the hand from here on in then...]

tax free?

i'm your man then :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Sometimes it's awe inspiring how incompetent and delusional our politicians in successive governments are. Its actually really amazing. The mind boggles.

And we never learn. Just keep electing these fcuking muppets in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Galway council are being threatened with a fine because of a low number of people signing on for the household charge, or something along those lines. It's fascist nonsense to threaten a council with a reduction in funding. Like a pimp beating a hooker for not making enough in a night. I mean they're not debt collectors. It's not her fault she's unridable. (I mean the household charge when I say that, just to be clear).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Shryke wrote: »
    Galway council are being threatened with a fine because of a low number of people signing on for the household charge, or something along those lines. It's fascist nonsense to threaten a council with a reduction in funding. Like a pimp beating a hooker for not making enough in a night. I mean they're not debt collectors. It's not her fault she's unridable. (I mean the household charge when I say that, just to be clear).

We seem to be getting quite a lot of threats from this government. Its like getting boxed in the face and being told 'shut up, its for your own good.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Maybe we could borrow it of Sean Quinn :rolleyes:

Poor ould Seanie. Never did a bit of harm to anyone. He bankrupts one little country and people just can't let it go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The beatings shall continue until morale improves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Is Phil Hogan another persona of Steve Coogan, similar to Alan Partridge only 100 times worse?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

We seem to be getting quite a lot of threats from this government. Its like getting boxed in the face and being told 'shut up, its for your own good.'

Ya, the wretched two-faced smarminess is the worst of it. It's not cuts or taxes that rankle me as much as the transparent blundering foolishness of the whole enterprise, to the further detriment of the state. Clowns running a circus.
    The best hopes in the long term rest on the current lot not screwing up too much rather than enacting any kind of policy that could possibly stimulate growth. God forbid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Shryke wrote: »
    Like a pimp beating a hooker for not making enough in a night..

still lolling at best Phil hogan comparison on the interwebz:)

Advertisement