Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batch file from Web browser

Options
  • 26-07-2012 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi folks,

I would like to run a .bat file from a web page to get even on a friend in work but he knows i can make .bat files so wont be silly enough to fall for me sending him a infinite loop file so have managed to sneak one onto his computer so want to send something "innocent" that he will open.

I have basic HTML knowledge from my college days so can create the page myself, just dont know how to get the page to execute the batch file?
    Any suggestions would be helpful?

p.s. i know its cruel but he's always pranking me by removing cables and messing around on my pc and fraped me on an occasion too so revenge is in order :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

There's a reason why it isn't so simple...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 longshotmagoo

i dont mind if its a complex solution but would be much better if the guy ran the program himself dont ya think rather than me doing when his back is turned

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

i dont mind if its a complex solution but would be much better if the guy ran the program himself dont ya think rather than me doing when his back is turned

It's quite easy to do but pointless as modern browsers will warn of the file and windows will warn of the file so its not going to do something without "your friend" interacting to some extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MagicRon

How did you 'sneak' the file onto his computer? And what will this file do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

managed to sneak one onto his computer

A sackable action in a lot of companies.

You have basically installed unauthorised software software on a pc and most likely in an unauthorised manner

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

In short a web browser won't execute a local batch file. That would be a huge security risk, any web site you go to could basically do whatever it wanted with your PC.

You need to find a better prank. (such as this one)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

The best way to do this is to change the target path of another program he would regularly use.
    Just point his browser icon to the batch file and he's bound to open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Pranking is all well and good, a bit of a laugh really, but this isn't what the forum is for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement