Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bus/ticket deal to races

Options
  • 26-07-2012 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

last year i got a great deal with a hotel (who are doing the same deal this year) which involves getting a bus to and from races with entry in and with some drinks and fingerfood before and after all for €30. was handy last year as my girlfriend was living out in spiddal but seeing as we both live in knockncarra now i was wondering does anyone know of anyone closer to town doing a similar deal? for what it was, €30 was an absolute bargain last year. but if i have to start adding in taxis to and from the hotel, well, it just doesn't add up! so somewhere closer would be ideal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I heard from a good source if you are a member of the Seanad you can go on the bus for free ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did you already check the websites for the main hotels around the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

i did. rang lots of hotels and pubs. couldn't see anythin. twas the connemara coast who ran it last year. think they are doing it again this year. its great value if you are from near there. unfortunately im not!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Hotel deals are generally for the country-folks only.

If you live in the city, you've got better bus options, and cannot be tied into the one hotel / pub. People who work in big companies usually get a chance to buy cheap tix thru sports and social clubs. The rest just have to pay full price. :(

Advertisement