Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Date Ideas?

Options
  • 26-07-2012 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hello Ladies-

I'm going on a first date (cue panic, cold sweats) with this guy I've been texting for about two weeks or so!! Of course he's left the date choice up to me.. and I'm baffled as to where to go?

He doesn't drink, we're going out on Sunday (day or evening)..Need some ideas for Dublin city...Help!

Did think of the zoo...any other ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Natural history followed by viking splash tour. Covers both intellect and fun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

racso1975 wrote: »
    Natural history followed by viking splash tour. Covers both intellect and fun

Was just about to suggest the Viking Splash Tour, excellent fun.

Ghost Bus could be fun too http://www.dublinsightseeing.ie/ghostbus/index.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Moved from tLL

Hey there,

tLL is a general discussion forum - this is the best place to ask about things relating to Dublin City.

All the best. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

That Croke Park roof walking tour thing maybe,if you're both not scared of heights:

http://www.skylinecrokepark.ie/tour/faq

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Adagiodiva wrote: »
    Hello Ladies-

I'm going on a first date (cue panic, cold sweats) with this guy I've been texting for about two weeks or so!! Of course he's left the date choice up to me.. and I'm baffled as to where to go?

He doesn't drink, we're going out on Sunday (day or evening)..Need some ideas for Dublin city...Help!

Thanks!

Jimmy Chungs..never failed me yet on dates! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭AnalogueKid

Hello Ladies-

I'm going on a first date (cue panic, cold sweats) with this guy

Why are you only asking ladies for ideas if you're going out on a date with a guy?

Bloke ideas -

Go karting. Especially if you try to violently run him off the track and you both end up getting kicked out. Years ago a girl I dated did that, and I thought "This girl is amazing!"

I agree with others, the Dead Zoo is sooo much better than the Living Zoo.

Have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Hello Ladies-

Thanks!

Zoo was packed last Sunday with about 150 queueing at 2pm.

Unless your going early or want to be surrounded by hundreds of screaming kids, I'd go with something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the boat on the liffey down at the convention centre. nice and different

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

Go to a pavement/sidewalk cafe and enjoy the good weather.

Does Dublin actually have any pavement cafe's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Rhand wrote: »
    Go to a pavement/sidewalk cafe and enjoy the good weather.

Does Dublin actually have any pavement cafe's?

plenty

the italian quarter has them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Lots of nice cafes on South William Street, like Metro, where you can sit out if it's nice.

Accents coffee shop on Lower Stephen St and Tea Garden on the quays are both great places to chill out and chat, and they open late.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

What "italian quarter"?

Do you mean the verminous,overpriced tourist sinkhole around Temple Bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Degsy wrote: »
    Jimmy Chungs..never failed me yet on dates! ;)

:pac:

What about just getting take away coffees and have a walk around Merrion Square and look at the paintings on the rails? You could then sit in the park afterwards. Obviously that's all weather permitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

A woman choosing the first date setting I like it.
    Why are you only asking ladies for ideas if you're going out on a date with a guy?

Bloke ideas -

Go karting. Especially if you try to violently run him off the track and you both end up getting kicked out. Years ago a girl I dated did that, and I thought "This girl is amazing!"

I agree with others, the Dead Zoo is sooo much better than the Living Zoo.

Have fun!

This +1 if a woman ever picked this for a date id be delighted.
    That Croke Park roof walking tour thing maybe,if you're both not scared of heights:

http://www.skylinecrokepark.ie/tour/faq

Or this could be cool aswell something diffferent is always nice, or maybe just keep it casual weather permitting a nice walk along Dun Laoighre pier first dates all about getting to know the person save the fun stuff for later.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

plenty

That's like one small street, no? Any other places where you could find them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Rhand wrote: »
    That's like one small street, no? Any other places where you could find them?

Pavement cafes? All the sidestreets off Grafton St, South William St, Clontarf, Ranelagh, Rathmines, Ballsbridge, Italian Quarter, IFSC. There are heaps around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Mongolian bbq restaurant on temple bar is pretty cool for a date I think. Picnic on stephens green would be nice if you got the weather. Tea and cakes at Marley Park would be nice too.

Advertisement