Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

48months 'snacker' internet access FREE for next 48 hours

• 26-07-2012 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭

Just got a text to say ...

48 months 'snacker' internet access FREE for next 48 hours.

Just keep renewing it every 30 mins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Forgive my ignorance - what the hell is snacker? You certainly don't mean this:
    snacker.jpg
    Or this:
    Snacker-Original_product_large.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Ya what is snacker?

Is it something for "48" members?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Yes its for people on the 48 network. You can text the word snack to 1745 for 30mins of data, usually costing 15cent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

From their Facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/48GoConquer
    So here it is FREE internet snacker for 48hrs.....Just text SNACK to 1745 and let the 30 minutes of FREE internet commence. If you’re feeling peckish later just text SNACK again. Each time you do it, you’ll get a text saying your internet time has started and when the 30 mins are up you’ll get a text letting you know. Yum Yum. For Ts & Cs stuff you can check out this link http://www.48months.ie/boiler-plate/price-plan-details ~Gareth at 48

From The Website link above (http://www.48months.ie/boiler-plate/price-plan-details)
    48's price plan rules

Snacker – 48 Hour Promotion

The following terms and conditions for the Free Snacker Promotion ("the Promotion") are in addition to and form part of the terms and conditions of the 48 mobile telecommunications service.
    The Promotion applies for the period 1.30pm on the 26th July to 1.30pm on the 28th July and applies to the Snacker Internet Add on only. To qualify for the Promotion you will need to have an active standard membership during this period. The promotion is not available to customers who have an active Weekly Internet Add, active VIP Membership or are roaming at the time of the promotion.
    Under the promotion, eligible customers who text Snack to 1745 will receive a free Snacker Internet Add on. Your snacker internet add-on will expire 30 minutes after the add-on is applied to your account. You will be notified by text when the add-on has been applied and again when your add-on has expired. You may not request an additional Snacker Internet Add On until your current Snacker Internet Add on has expired.
    Fair Use of 48 services: We want you to use our services as much as you need but unlimited or all you need does not mean unreasonable use. Click here to read our fair use policy for 48 services.

The rules for this Promotion may be varied or amended by 48 for any reasonable commercial, technical or operational reason.

Effective: 26th July 2012

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

I asked them why there was no discussion of this anywhere on their forums ... this was their answer ...

"You're not finding much discussion of it because not too many people are bothered, basically.
    The demand for the 'snacker' wasn't very high, so we've decided to cut it loose and introduce some more monthly offers instead because this is what people were asking for.
    So, like some old, trusty horse, the snacker is being put out to graze - but we'll always have fond memories..."

I guess I'll be looking for another provider. I am surprised if their claims of lack of interest is actually true .........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Looks pretty obvious it's true. Sounds like a painful way of getting internet access in this age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Sounds about right. Can't see many ppl being interested in that hassle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Piliger wrote: »
    I guess I'll be looking for another provider. I am surprised if their claims of lack of interest is actually true .........

:confused: Did you used to use this a lot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Piliger wrote: »
    Just got a text to say ...

48 months 'snacker' internet access FREE for next 48 hours.

Just keep renewing it every 30 mins.
    Old thread, but you resurrected it...

WTF does / did the bold bit mean?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭Serbian

Esel wrote: »
    Old thread, but you resurrected it...

WTF does / did the bold bit mean?

You text snack to some number. You get 30 minutes of Internet access. When that runs out (after 30 minutes), you text snack again to the same number to renew Internet access.

• Advertisement
Advertisement