Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AM3+ Mobo - which is better?

Options
  • 26-07-2012 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

I'm getting a new mobo and wondering which would be the all round better board to purchase:

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 AMD 990FX

or

Asus Sabertooth 990FX AMD 990FX

or something else?

I'll be running SLI.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

both boards are great so you can't go wrong with either but i believe the sabertooth performs better in multi gpu configurations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

AsRock 990FX Extreme3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I was looking at getting the ASUS Crosshair V, seems a bit much for me to be honest and the ASUS Sabertooth seems to be the one to go for. The only thing putting me off on going with the Sabertooth is the BIOS and running issues a lot seem to be having, is this just down to the new FX processor?

The Gigabyte looks good too, ahhhh!!! my head is wrecked with which one to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Picked the Sabertooth, seems to be the best out of the bunch, thanks guys :)

Advertisement