Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

esb token meter charges?

Options
  • 26-07-2012 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

hi there can someone answer a question for me please. i have a token meter installed. if i put 25 euro per week into my meter a certain amount is taken to pay off my arrears i know. my question is is there another charge taken out of my 20 euro? i was told today by a guy from pre pay power i was paying my arrears plus another 3 euro on every 10 euro i put in. is this correct information? i just dont feel comfortable changing over but if im only getting about 14 euro out of every 20. appearantley pre pay power only take 34 cent a day/ anyway any info would be great thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

You are paying a standing charge for rental of the meter,but everybody pays standing charge for there service so there is no way out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

see if you can get a statement and then

a) see what is your usage charges are
    b) see what the arrears have come down by
    c) tot up the amount paid in for the statement period
    d) add a+d and take from d and you will have the amount paid in charges?

PS all salesmen tend to "distort" the truth so their own product looks good!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭kalel76

thanks for the quick reply, so would that standard charge amount to 3 euro on every 10?

i just dont feel comfortable switching over, i think itll go on hold until i can check my charges better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi kalel76,

Just to clarify, we don't have an additional rental charge for either token meters or Pay As You Go (PAYG) meters (the latter are the newer type - more on these here).
    kalel76 wrote:
    i was told today by a guy from pre pay power i was paying my arrears plus another 3 euro on every 10 euro i put in. is this correct information?

This is not correct; the €3 for every €10 is the payment for arrears. The remaining €7 goes towards the standard electricity charges (inclusive of unit rates and standing charges). There is no extra hidden fee for the facility of having this meter installed.

Prepaypower, however, state on their website that their charges do include an additional fee of 37.5c per day, or €136.71 annually, for the facility of having one of their meters installed. This is on top of the normal standing charge of 32.8c per day.

Hope this helps to clear things up.

Thanks,

David.

• Advertisement

thanks guys and thanks very much david. its all clearer now ill stay as i am i have no worries with the 3 euro thats my fault anyway :-( . if i didnt have a meter already maybe a good idea but not worth swithing i dont think.
    thanks again

Advertisement