Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British and Irish Lions Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

And Burgess is eligble despite the fact he'll still be playing in France.

True, didn't think about that! Is fierce confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Paul Robinson picks his Lions 15
    15 Rob Kearney (Ireland)
    14 Leigh Halfpenny (Wales)
    13 Brian O'Driscoll (Ireland)
    12 Manu Tuilagi (England)
    11 George North (Wales)
    10 Jonathan Sexton (Ireland)
    9 Mike Phillips (Wales)
    1 Cian Healy (Ireland)
    2 Rory Best (Ireland)
    3 Adam Jones (Wales)
    4 Joe Launchbury (England)
    5 Alun-Wyn Jones (Wales)
    6 Sam Warburton (Wales)
    8 Toby Faletau (Wales)
    7 Justin Tipuric (Wales)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

almighty1 wrote: »

That's very close to what I had in mind prior to the 6N.... Can't see Halfpenny being moved to cater for Kearney now, that'd be mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

5 Irish - 2 English
    Cant see it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Close to my starting team Would only make 2 or 3 changes Cuthbert into 14 and Halfpenny at 15 ahead of Kearney

Also SOB ahead of Warburton. Drop Best not sure who will be ahead of him but he has played himself out of the jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Kearney and Best have played themselves out of contention imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rchendz92

Kearney will be lucky to tour, it would be crazy to re-position Halfpenny (I know he can play wing, but still..), probably the best back in the NH, for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Hype710

Launchbury? Form tapered off badly I'd have thought. I think we'll have the second most amount of tourists, after Wales. POC, Bowe and Zebo will all tour IMO. Gatland has acknowledged the fact that we had so many guys missing in the 6N. Far too simplistic a view to say England had a better 6N therefore should have more Lions tourists.

Close to my starting team Would only make 2 or 3 changes Cuthbert into 14 and Halfpenny at 15 ahead of Kearney

Also SOB ahead of Warburton. Drop Best not sure who will be ahead of him but he has played himself out of the jersey.

Put Youngs in there and that'd be a really good team.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

5 Alun-Wyn Jones (Wales).

He'll be the captain, priced at 4/1 last time I checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Rightwing wrote: »
    5 Alun-Wyn Jones (Wales).

He'll be the captain, priced at 4/1 last time I checked.

Based on??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

trouttrout wrote: »
    Based on??

I said it earlier in the thread and Rightwing is jumping on the bandwagon? :D

Based on??

3 things.

Gatland knows him v well.
    Forward is the captain,,,he has said that.
    He also said he has picked him from a while back,,this would probably rule POC out.

I said it earlier in the thread and Rightwing is jumping on the bandwagon? :D

I didn't see yours! :)

But why do you also think it?

I've just checked the lastest:

Jones is available at 7/1, now Warburton & BOD are favs.

AWJ is my favourite for captain as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Do we think the POC incident at the weekend has had a material effect on his chances for the captaincy? I'm not sure he was a candidate in the first place really and people went nuts after the Quins game suggesting him but if he was a candidate has he damaged his chances?

danthefan wrote: »
    Do we think the POC incident at the weekend has had a material effect on his chances for the captaincy? I'm not sure he was a candidate in the first place really and people went nuts after the Quins game suggesting him but if he was a candidate has he damaged his chances?

I doubt it's damaged his chances. I'd say Gatland's main worry however is that he's very injury prone now and probably wants someone who's more or less guaranteed to last through the tests.

danthefan wrote: »

POC was favourite after the Quins game with paddypower, but it looks like it's between Warburton and AWJ now. I don't think the incident has any bearing on it.

• Advertisement

POC was favourite after the Quins game with paddypower, but it looks like it's between Warburton and AWJ now. I don't think the incident has any bearing on it.

PP's odds has no bearing on who will be picked, only who the money is going on

POC is favorite one week, BOD the next and then Warburton after that

PP's odds has no bearing on who will be picked, only who the money is going on

POC is favorite one week, BOD the next and then Warburton after that

PP are usually on the money though, you can be sure whoever they have priced as favourite will be there or thereabouts.

PP are usually on the money though, you can be sure whoever they have priced as favourite will be there or thereabouts.

They've had POC, BOD, Warburton, AWJ all priced as favorite at some stage since the six nations though

No one really knows really

They've had POC, BOD, Warburton, AWJ all priced as favorite at some stage since the six nations though

No one really knows really

They do, Gatland & his team knows, and you can be sure inside money has gone on the captain.

The likes of you and I don't know, but usually when you see a price drop dramatically, inside info money has gone on, e.g. Schmidt went from 9/1 to 4/9 in no time after big money went on him.

It's certainly between the 4 names you've mentionned.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Coburger

I'd probably go with AWJ. BOD hasn't been setting the world on fire since the Welsh game, POC could definitely be up there if Claremont were beaten and he had a starring role a la the other week. I'm not a huge fan of Warburton myself. I guess you have to think of all the players from different countries coming together and how well would they adhere themselves to any of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

They do, Gatland & his team knows, and you can be sure inside money has gone on the captain.

Very dangerous game, I'm sure the bookies share information to stop that happening on a large scale. I doubt it happens tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Yeah, it's not how bookmakers works at all. I'm sure Emmet can educate us further if he sees it.

Very dangerous game, I'm sure the bookies share information to stop that happening on a large scale. I doubt it happens tbh.

It does, happens a lot in English football, a leak, and the bookies quickly close the book. They do share the information alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

This just makes no sense to me. If POC was favourite due to a leak and inside money, why is Warburton favourite now? Also because of a leak and inside money? So which one is captain and which isn't?

Can't find anyone with POC any better than third in the odds now for captain.

• Advertisement

Well, I for one am glad that our one nailed on tourist is Rala... What a legend.

156751_422134671214635_229190464_n.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement