Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Email address password forgotten.

Options
  • 26-07-2012 4:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

Hi all, a friend of mine is having a bit of an issue with his XBL account. He recently bought a new console and upon trying to recover his account has stumbled onto a roadblock. He cannot remember the password associated with the XBL account. He has tried calling Microsoft who are of no help. They are redirecting him back to Windows Live saying the problem can't be sorted by them.

He proceeded to get in touch with windows live who asked him what emails he has sent/received. He cant really know because the account was set up exclusively for XBL. He has a credit card linked to the account, Microsoft have verified that it is his account but Windows Live refuse to recognise that.

Has anyone had similar issues if so how where they resolved?

Before any comments such as ''Well he should have remembered his password'' are given, the account is six years old. Its understandable that he has forgotten. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Windows live have a password reset through a mobile phone number now?

You give them your mobile number, they text you a code, put it in, then they give you the option to change password...

Worth a shot....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Fieldog wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Windows live have a password reset through a mobile phone number now?

You give them your mobile number, they text you a code, put it in, then they give you the option to change password...

Worth a shot....

It would be a very unsecure system if it just allowed anyone to enter a phone number and reset the password.

The phone number would need to have been added before he lost access to the account.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

The phone number thing is very recent and the email account was set up 5/6 years ago! Its a joke really as the problem couldbe sorted in two seconds if XBL and Windows live communicated with each other but thats apparently not possible!

Advertisement