Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloaded Content on 2 Profiles

Options
  • 26-07-2012 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

My brother and I want to get the MW3 download packs, We both have separate gamertags on the one Xbox, would the DLC work on both profiles or only the one downloaded on? He'll be moving away for college which is why we have 2 separate accounts. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Nope, It would only work on the GT that the DLC is downloaded on. So you'd have to buy the DLC on each of the GTs.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

I was thinking that, Thanks for clearing it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Actually thats not true, if the licenses are transferred to the console, and the content is actually purchased from the Marketplace, rather than through Elite. The content would work on any profile on the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

The content will be through the market place as neither of us have Elite. Say if we got the maps on his account, downloaded it to the home Xbox. He went away to College and recovered his account and re downloaded them on his account, would they work on both profiles?

Yes, they would, but only on his profile away from the console they were purchased on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 twotonewolftone

Meesared wrote: »
    Yes, they would, but only on his profile away from the console they were purchased on
    this wont work for mw3 unfortunatly.meesared is right usually you can download the dlc and once its on the hard drive any profile can use it but the way its set up on mw3 when you purchase the dlc on marketplace you then have to select to download the maps from the mw3 in game screen for the store.i gave my old xbox to a buddy of mine and he can play all the dlc i downloaded for other games except the mw3 maps collection even though they are on the hard drive.my only reasoning for it is that its a counter measure by greedy activision to make everyone pay the 1200 ms points for the map packs.no matter how many profiles use the xbox.it sucks but its typical activision.its the reason i wont be buying black ops 2.

this wont work for mw3 unfortunatly.meesared is right usually you can download the dlc and once its on the hard drive any profile can use it but the way its set up on mw3 when you purchase the dlc on marketplace you then have to select to download the maps from the mw3 in game screen for the store.i gave my old xbox to a buddy of mine and he can play all the dlc i downloaded for other games except the mw3 maps collection even though they are on the hard drive.my only reasoning for it is that its a counter measure by greedy activision to make everyone pay the 1200 ms points for the map packs.no matter how many profiles use the xbox.it sucks but its typical activision.its the reason i wont be buying black ops 2.
    This is only for Elite, content purchased through the Marketplace works as I described

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Doff wrote: »
    The content will be through the market place as neither of us have Elite. Say if we got the maps on his account, downloaded it to the home Xbox. He went away to College and recovered his account and re downloaded them on his account, would they work on both profiles?
    If you feel like switching sides, battlefield premium content on Bf3 does work on the 2 xboxs using the above process.

Meesared wrote: »
    This is only for Elite, content purchased through the Marketplace works as I described
    it dosnt unfortunatly meesared i dont have an elite account i purchased all my content individually and it wont work on a separete account yet the other non mw3 dlc i put on the harddrive for my mate like trials/lara corft guardian of light they work fine.try it out for yourself if you have a dummy account it will not work with mw3 dlc

Its supposed to, theres something wrong with your content in that case, might be something worth looking into, Its not something Activision can do, content purchased on one account on a console, should work on all of the accounts on it providing the licenses are transferred.

• Advertisement

no its the way actvision have it set up meesared its to stop multiple profiles using the one purchased content cos if it was a licensing issue then the other dlc wouldnt work either.like i said when you purchase the mw3 dlc off market place you then have to go to the store option on the game to then ''download your purchased content'' when you select that it shows you what content is available for you to download based on what you purchased.you were right in what you were originally posted about content purchased normally from marketplace but it is different for mw3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Almost sure I read something similar to what Twotone is saying when BlackOps came out. Activision were starting to profile lock map packs. They claim it's an error but it doesn't seem to be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

I have Elite on MW3. I D/L the various packs "Free". Once my Son uses my xbox with his profile he can play alll the MW3 content. Only today he was playing the Chaos Mode while he does not have the Elite on mW3.

This is the same Xbox with two seperate accounts only 1 of them having elite.

Advertisement