Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation needed Fri 3rd August

Options
  • 26-07-2012 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I am looking for accommodation on Friday 3rd of August for 3 people for one night

Ideally as close to the centre as possible

If you have suitable accommodation please reply to this message or drop me a PM

Thanks,
    Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

jurys??

harbor hotel

house hotel

spanish arch hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

pf85 wrote: »
    I am looking for accommodation on Friday 3rd of August for 3 people for one night

Ideally as close to the centre as possible

If you have suitable accommodation please reply to this message or drop me a PM

Thanks,
    Paddy

Take the hit and support the economy. Book a hotel or B&B

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pf85

antoobrien wrote: »
    Take the hit and support the economy. Book a hotel or B&B

Sorry but am I not supporting the economy by booking a room for the night and spending money in Galway over 2 days?

Sorry but am I not supporting the economy by booking a room for the night and spending money in Galway over 2 days?

Not enough, if you want to come to Galway for the dearest week of the year for one night you have to pay the premium.

Edit - why are you leaving it so late? They'll be taking bookings for next year of next week's customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

jurys??

harbor hotel

house hotel

spanish arch hotel
    Its race week, they have been booked for ages.

Cheapest available on booking.com is €179 for a b&b in Salthill, the Western want €300!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pf85

antoobrien wrote: »
    Not enough, if you want to come to Galway for the dearest week of the year for one night you have to pay the premium.

Edit - why are you leaving it so late? They'll be taking bookings for next year of next week's customers.

Not enough??? Why what exactly do you expect of people visiting Galway?

It is a last minute change of plan - a friend has come home early from their travels so if we can get accommodation sorted it would be a good weekend to be in Galway. If not we will just book somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It'll be difficult finding something. Maybe ring the hotels and check if there's cancellations?

Daft holiday homes for Galway

Not enough??? Why what exactly do you expect of people visiting Galway?

It is a last minute change of plan - a friend has come home early from their travels so if we can get accommodation sorted it would be a good weekend to be in Galway. If not we will just book somewhere else

I can't say I'm not being smart but that would be you and about another 100,000 tourists.

You'd get the same reaction from Londoners if you said you were going to try getting a hotel room there next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

try adare bed and breakfast. they don't act the mick and hike up their prices for the races and they are a great b and b close to the town.

I wouldn't bother with any hotel who doubles or triples the rates (or blocks off rooms until the last minute when they release them at unbelievable prices).

Galway will still be here when prices are back to normal, so don't waste your hard earned money if you think the price is too high. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

What are you on about fishyfishy?
    Of course Galway hotels do not price gouge
    A local representative of the Irish Hotels Federation (IHF) has denied that Galway hoteliers are trying to “price gouge” customers during the Galway Races. http://www.galwaynews.ie/26988-minister-urges-no-%E2%80%98price-gouging%E2%80%99-during-races

• Advertisement
Advertisement