Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Areas of Greystones

Options
  • 26-07-2012 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi,

My family and I are thinking of moving to Greystones as I have a new job in Dublin, what areas have are nice to live in and would have cable broadband?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Greystones is a great choice IMHO.

Most places in Greystones have cable broadband, those that don't are well serviced by wireless broadband.

Personally I like Rathdown Park, Redford Park and Applewood Heights. Many of the houses in these estates are quite spacious, but they are not cheap. These estates are well established many of the houses in them have been extensively renovated.

Charlesland is very popular large development of smaller homes that is not far from Greystones village. It has a multitude of smart and more modern homes for sale and rent. I believe that they have great broadband speed there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Personally I like Rathdown Park, Redford Park and Applewood Heights. Many of the
    houses in these estates are quite spacious, but they are not cheap

They are now !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

OP, do you mean cable broadband (fibre to the home) as opposed to DSL telephone line broadband? If that's the case I think your options are only Charlesland and Eden Gate where 25Mb is available.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Huntthe wrote: »
    They are now !

They are certainly significantly cheaper, but definitely not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

Thank you for all the advise, I appreciate it...

• Advertisement

No bother. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Advertisement