Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I upgrade my SSD?

Options
  • 26-07-2012 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

I boot and run my apps off an SSD OCZ Vertex II and everything runs very fast.

Will I notice much of a difference if I upgrade to a vertex IV. According to the specs the read speed is twice as fast but I'd be interested to hear from someone with real world experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Why don't you keep both? I got 2 ssds in my system. 60gb+256gb. You can buy new one and put OC on it and still use old one for games etc?
    Just make sure you got sata3 to use full power of new modern ssds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

The Vertex 4 doesn't look like too bad a drive, but I'd keep my eye on Samsung 830 drives and the Crucial M4 for a better deal.

You'd be pretty unlikely to notice much difference between the drives. Biggest reason to upgrade would be if you really needed the speed increase or higher capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I had an 60gb agility 3 to a 128gb samsung 830 and I cannot notice a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Thanks. If I upgrade I'll put my old SSD into my HTPC. I use a Mac and there's only space for one SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

A jaysus, you needed to say its for mac, I would have putten my "dick mode" and not be very nice! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement