Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor Tap Kit

• 26-07-2012 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭

Considering an "Easyplumb" Outdoor Tap kit from B&Q. Has anyone used one?

Consists of a clamp that goes onto an existing source, which attaches by flexi hose to a copper pipe, flanged, which goes through the wall to a tap attached outside.
    Looks fine(on the box) but I'm not confident on the easyplumb system, which seems to clamp and cut a hole in an existing pipe. Is this asking for trouble in the long term? Would it be better to just take a Line off the Washing machine or kitchen tap line using a standard T?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Alot of the kits use the clamp now a days. Hence the reason it's suited for all.

I'm pretty sure the connection between the pipe and the clamp is pretty sure once you tighten it a good bit.

Never used one before but the idea of the clamp and it cutting the hole for you in the pipe is genious and saves alot of time.

If you have worries though, you could always run a new pipe if your a bit of a handyman, it would cost your more in the long run, not just fund wise but if you don't do it right then you'll need to get a plumber.

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Its a grand kit but you need to connect into mains water. The bore on the easy plumb valve will only let a trickle through otherwise.

I like the easy plumb kit but if its the one i am thinking off i would change the tap. Its poor. But for outside i suppose its good quality that matters not looks.

Its a grand kit but you need to connect into mains water. The bore on the easy plumb valve will only let a trickle through otherwise.

I like the easy plumb kit but if its the one i am thinking off i would change the tap. Its poor. But for outside i suppose its good quality that matters not looks.

I presume your thinking of this fella:

ball-valve-tap-33,3-mm-g-1-19-mm-3-a365ff.jpg

I myself hate them and I would definately change it to:

outdoor-garden-tap-1-2m-x-3-4m.jpg

Exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bad mongo

installed one of these six years ago-still functioning perfectly,have a bit of pipie insulation on the external tubing which has done the job on all but the coldest days in dec 2010.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Well, my thought is, I already have the connection for the Washing machine nearby, and I need to replace the valve there anyway. It looks like a handy kit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Johny 8

an outside tap supply and fit is 70 euro. not much point in really doing it yourself??

Johny 8 wrote: »
    an outside tap supply and fit is 70 euro. not much point in really doing it yourself??

Parts cost no more than 10 euro.

I can get this kit for €25.

Parts cost no more than 10 euro.

And it's great experience to be able to accomplish something by yourself :)

• Advertisement

Fitted the kit last week to qualpex 1/2 inch. The connecter however crushed the qualpex and water pressure to the tap was very poor. Replaced the whole connector with a standard T piece just there and all seems fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Johny 8

did you use inserts with the qualpex??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Ya do indeed

Yup. But you can't use inserts when you use the valve that clamps on to the pipe.
    The T piece works fine instead of the connecter. Would probably work better on copper pipe.

Advertisement